NFL Discussion

Me too. No way the offense wins it in OT. Also Chiefs throwing at then end of both halves was great. Andy Reid gave that game to us.

The Chiefs tried to run it at the end of the second half, but Charles fumbled. In the first half though, the aggressive play did bite them. Happy to see Peyton get a win. He is the only QB other than Romo that I see getting 3 TDs in a game and people still want to talk like his career is already over. I understand he's old and toward the end, but when people call a year where he has 39 TDs a "down" year I'm not counting the guy out till he's off a roster.

peyton is fucking garbage. there is absolutely nothing behind any of his throws, and sherman's evaluation of "ducks" last season could not be any more applicable or (nor?)  hilarious. the fact that he's able to walk out of that one with a win just shows the kind of luck that's on his side.. because he's able to escape one more week of scrutiny while people ramble about brady cheating when there's nothing else to yammer about.

lol

peyton is fucking garbage. there is absolutely nothing behind any of his throws, and sherman's evaluation of "ducks" last season could not be any more applicable or (nor?) hilarious. the fact that he's able to walk out of that one with a win just shows the kind of luck that's on his side.. because he's able to escape one more week of scrutiny while people ramble about brady cheating when there's nothing else to yammer about.

lol

If Peyton only threw 5 yard passes to Julian Edelman like someone else does then no one would be talking about how weak his arm is.

I'm assuming the general population is FAR lower but does for example, hockey have 80% of players show the same thing? Doesn't make it right either way, but just wondering if football is taking all the heat given it is the most violent but other sports aren't terribly far behind. Play any contact sport for 30 years and the likelihood of getting a concussion sometime is high.

87 of 91 brains of deceased NFL players tested positive for brain disease related to concussions.

YIKES!

This is obviously an issue, yes, but unless I'm mistaken, the tested brains are from ex players who thought they had something wrong to begin with. So 87 of 91 were right. I'm sure there percentage is much lower among the general population of retired players.

This is obviously an issue, yes, but unless I'm mistaken, the tested brains are from ex players who thought they had something wrong to begin with. So 87 of 91 were right. I'm sure there percentage is much lower among the general population of retired players.

In all fairness, even 50% would be a scary number.

In all fairness, even 50% would be a scary number.

"Evidence of Brain disease" is kinda vague and needs clarifying. If you told me 90% of Olympic runners showed evidence of arthritis in their knees, nothing unexpected. If you said 90% needed knee replacements before 40, you'd say that's unacceptable.

I understand that brain injuries are on a whole nother level, but still needs more detail. I'm sure we all slightly to moderately injure our brain when stuff falls off a shelf and hits us, we are in minor car accidents, we have fevers of 103, and when our heads get jerked around on roller coasters. Are we talking about brains that look severely fucked up or "show something peculiar?"

You break your arm, your bones, tissue, muscle heals. You injure your brain, you do a certain amount of irreversible, unfixable damage. There's a reason most of the diseases that we haven't yet figured out (Huntingtons, Alzheimers, ALS) are in the brain. More importantly though, the difference between the things you're talking about and football concussions is the magnitude of the force. That and exposure to those forces again much sooner after a concussion than you or I would.