NFL Discussion

I.K. Enemkpali was released following the altercation. Wow lol. I've never heard of anything remotely close to this happening to any team's higher profile players, especially QB. I think the funniest part of the entire situation is that most of the media outlets are saying the same thing, that Fitzpatrick might have been the safer start anyway.

Smith was apparently really good up to today...

Sad to know that #89 isn't coming back to the Queen City for one last season before retiring.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/the-carolina-panthers-should-be-ashamed-steve-smith-is-retiring-as-a-raven

100% he will sign a one day deal with Carolina

Wow. And they made a big deal out of Cam's scuffle

Right!

is it really about sympathizing with him at this point? there should be a far greater concern with the fact that gooddell has completely outdone himself with this one.

Interesting that you can't find the author of that page.

The site states that it is run by John Dowd, a lawyer who is the author of the report responsible for banning Pete Rose apparently.

Regardless, at this point the entire Deflategate investigation handling is irrelevant as the current court case has nothing to do with PSI levels in the balls. The question now is, did Goodell over step his power?

It's going to be interesting, it seems the judge wants them to work out a deal based on his initial questioning. However, I don't see any sort of deal being made without Brady admitting to some level of guilt. If he isn't willing to do so, then I doubt the league will be willing to budge.

It's hard to get behind that argument when the rules are not enforced uniformly. The penalty for a wide receiver using stick um (as a comparable example) is an $8k fine.

According to the schedule of infractions and fines the penalty for "Foreign Substances on Body/Uniform" is a minimum fine of $8,681 for a player's first offense. It's stated that "Suspension or fine; severity to be determined by degree of violation ". And that "These minimums will increase at a rate of 5% annually throughout the duration of the current CBA". 

More or less, there doesn't appear to be a ceiling on the potential fine/suspension possible. They seem to have the leeway for a "case by case" approach.