NFL Discussion

Figured I'd put this in here. Need three more people for a fantasy league that's drafting on sunday. everyone should be pretty active. let me know if you're interested.

any buy in? and is it 10 or 12 people?

My Dolphins are going to suck no matter if Johnson is there or not. No big deal that they released him.

Sounds like Tannehill has looked good so far this year, Im hoping he wins the starting job. He could possibly be the future of the team so they might as well start playing him. He wont learn much sitting on the bench behind Matt Moore or even Garrard for that matter. Who knows when Garrard will be back anyways.

Tannehill looked awful against the cowboys scrubs. I wouldn't expect much from them this year

and even if there was support to move teams where they belong, the league would never do it due to current inner-division rivalries.

exactly. i just looked and that's why during division realignment in the 70's, the rams got the boot to the nfc west because of the strong rivalries the cowboys had with the redskins as well as the rest of the division.

sure, they could. but the importance / hype of those games would be significantly less. the cardinals were in the east at one time too and were moved out because a. they sucked and b. everyone knew a team from arizona did not belong in the nfc east. if they were good though, they would have stayed put.

to be fair, most teams are where they should be. off the top of my head though:

-miami should be in the south (like jax and tampa bay are)

-houston and dallas should each be in the west

-kansas city and st. louis should probably be in the south

-indianapolis in the north

-pittsburgh in the east

aside from the rivalries though, some divisions like the nfc north and south are pretty much correct so how could you really move any of those teams in the reshuffling? answer is "you cant."

I can see the rivalry resin but they can always play at least once a year. Either way they will always be in nfc east.

the way scheduling is set up, that make it impossible.

For a AFC North team, the formula looks like this:

2012: AFC North will play all AFC North teams twice (6 games total), then the entire NFC East (4 games total), AFC West, (4 games total), then the other two AFC divisions, South and East based on previous season finishing (2 games total)

2013: AFC North will play all AFC North teams twice (6 games total), then the entire NFC North (4 games total), AFC East, (4 games total), then the other two AFC divisions, South and West based on previous season finishing (2 games total)

The only way they could play each year would be for them to finish at the same place in their respective division (other than the year they play that entire division) and all of thiswould only work if they were in the same conference. Different conference is a whole different story.

-miami should be in the south (like jax and tampa bay are)

-houston and dallas should each be in the west

-kansas city and st. louis should probably be in the south

-indianapolis in the north

-pittsburgh in the east."

this could be a legit AFC

AFC North

NE Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Cleveland Brownies

Indianapolis Colts

AFC South

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Miami Dolphins

AFC East

Baltimore Ravens

Pittsburgh Steelers

NY Jets

Cincinnati Bengals

AFC West

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

A lot of rivalries would still be alive and on another note, I'm waiting for my draft and I'm extremely bored lol

the divisions are fine.. just drop the location-based titles. it wasnt until last year that i realized that i wasnt the moron for being oblivious to who was in which division, but that the divisions for moronic for putting the cowboys in the east.

drafted last night, 12-man standard league. here's what i ended up with. obviously i took a huge chance with MJD, but Chris Johnson signed September 2nd last year so its not like its not possible. in my opinion and after watching Schaub this season, he is back to the usual. anyways commence the love and the hate.

QB - Matt Schaub HOU

RB - DeAngelo Williams CAR

RB - Darren Sproles NO

WR - Larry Fitzgerald ARI

WR - Victor Cruz NYG

WR - DeSean Jackson PHI

FLEX - Stevie Johnson BUF

TE - Ed Dickson BAL

K - Billy Cundiff WAS

D -Pittsburgh PIT

1. QB - Joe Flacco BAL

2. RB - MJD JAC

3. RB - Ben Tate HOU

4. WR - Jacoby Jones BAL

5. WR - TO LOL

6. TE - Scott Chandler BUF

thats a solid receiver core

im still in shock over the patriots roster cuts. deion branch, dante stallworth, jabar gaffney all tossed aside. koppen and hoyer were big surprises too.

ive heard they might be looking to turn demps into another welker. go out for short passes, and assume that every once in a while hell find a hole and go forever.

Thats been going around since lay season..Which in itself makes no sense since the cowboys offense is great and its the defense that couldn't hold a lead last year

I remember reading a redskins one a few years back as well. Definitely not fitting for the cowboys based on last seasons numbers.

Thats been going around since last season..Which in itself makes no sense since the cowboys offense is great and its the defense that couldn't hold a lead last year

oh yea, i just thought it was funny. i knew it wasn't that bad... i just can't stand the cowboys (i hope my family doesn't read this)

their defense? their offensive line had more holes in it than swiss cheese. there's really nothing spectacular about dallas in general. until Jimmy can step aside from making any decisions, the cowboys can only hope to at least play past december with any chance of a playoff spot. if they're lucky. i seriously don't see them even getting past december.

drafted last night, 12-man standard league. here's what i ended up with. obviously i took a huge chance with MJD, but Chris Johnson signed September 2nd last year so its not like its not possible. in my opinion and after watching Schaub this season, he is back to the usual. anyways commence the love and the hate.

QB - Matt Schaub HOU

RB - DeAngelo Williams CAR

RB - Darren Sproles NO

WR - Larry Fitzgerald ARI

WR - Victor Cruz NYG

WR - DeSean Jackson PHI

FLEX - Stevie Johnson BUF

TE - Ed Dickson BAL

K - Billy Cundiff WAS

D -Pittsburgh PIT

1. QB - Joe Flacco BAL

2. RB - MJD JAC

3. RB - Ben Tate HOU

4. WR - Jacoby Jones BAL

5. WR - TO LOL

6. TE - Scott Chandler BUF

MJD returns! feeling pretty stoked about my team now.

MJD returns! feeling pretty stoked about my team now.

I think Rashad Jennings is still going to take 1/3 of the carries. He has just looked too good. No doubt, having MJD back is a good thing. I still think he is more of a second to third round pick this year. Your TEs are terrible. Don't have to have Graham or Gronk to compete but you should have grabbed Fred Davis, Pettigrew, Tamme, or someone else like that. I did a 12 man draft last week and I don't think either of your guys were even drafted. Cruz,Tate, Jackson, and maybe Fitz if the RBs really ran hard early are the only guys you have I targeted in my draft based on my perceived value vs. average draft position.

My team. Had the 11th pick in a 12 man league. I always wait until the last 2 rounds to grab a kicker and defense. I am a little concerned that I am over-reliant on that Broncos offense. I just thought all those players were good value in rounds 5 (Decker), 6 (Manning), and 7 (Mcgahee).

I also have about the whitest fantasy football team you could assemble without trying. Gerhart, a white TE, and Jordy Nelson and I would have to name my team the Whitey Whackers.

QB - Peyton Manning

RB - Darren McFadden

RB - Willis Mcgahee

WR - Welker

WR - Percy Harvin

WR - Eric Decker

TE - Jimmy Graham

DEF - Seahawks

K - Matt Bryant

B - RG3

B - Peyton Hillis

B - Ben Tate