NFL Discussion

I haven`t been commenting in this topic, but I`m up to join a league if there is room. I`ve played spreads for a few years and last year was my first year with a `team`. After playing in a couple of leagues last year - I`m up for more!

Friendly advice -- don't ever do more than maybe 3. It's not like you can't manage 10 of them timewise, but the novelty kinda wears off. Plenty of people end up in 5+ leagues and then just get sick of it, quitting either all or all but one of them.

Plus, the more you do, the more you run into the situation of guys on your team in one league and playing against the same guy in another.

I think 2 is perfect. With 1, you run the risk of that team sucking and you have nothing else to really focus on. The second shot means that unless you have a really bad year you should at least have 1 team with a playoff opportunity in the later weeks. Won't get overstretched, though.

Friendly advice -- don't ever do more than maybe 3. It's not like you can't manage 10 of them timewise, but the novelty kinda wears off. Plenty of people end up in 5+ leagues and then just get sick of it, quitting either all or all but one of them.

Plus, the more you do, the more you run into the situation of guys on your team in one league and playing against the same guy in another.

I think 2 is perfect. With 1, you run the risk of that team sucking and you have nothing else to really focus on. The second shot means that unless you have a really bad year you should at least have 1 team with a playoff opportunity in the later weeks. Won't get overstretched, though.

2 was perfect last season. I plan on keeping it at that number again.

I guess I should probably unhide a few people to follow this properly lol

Who else is missing besides rybread aviolentworld and littlebistro?

is rybread still with us? i haven't posting on the boards much and last time i saw he was gone?

also,

chefchino

seangj

3arl ($)

malonekw ($)

lemongoat ($)

thebiglebowski ($)

Mike T ($)

I assume that it's been mentioned that Yahoo has already opened registration. Does that seem early as hell?

EDIT: Now I can't find it. I swear I saw it open yesterday

ironically, after posting about the league on here, yahoo! sent me an email about sign ups beginning.  coincidence? i think not.

also, sorry for the triple post. 41 through 50 have been announced. still no flacco, rg3, or andrew luck. apparently their are only 8 qbs left. with those being 3 of them, the other five must be rodgers, brees, brady, ryan, and manning.

41. Jason Witten

42. Haloti Ngata

43. Eli Manning

44. Wes Welker

45. Lesean McCoy

46. Cam Newton

47. Tony Gonzalez

48. Duane Brown

49. Justin Houston

50. Richard Sherman

51. Russell Wilson

52. Vincent Jackson

53. Champ Bailey

54. Julius Peppers

55. Jason Pierre-Paul

56. Terrell Suggs

57. Doug Martin

58. Victor Cruz

59. Derrick Johnson

60. Jared Allen

61 Ben Roethlisberger

62 Chris Johnson

63 Stephen Tulloch

64 Alfred Morris

65 Dwayne Bowe

66 Earl Thomas

67 Darrelle Revis

68 Demaryius Thomas

69 Tim Jennings

70 Chad Greenway

71 Trent Richardson

72 Mario Williams

73 Antonio Gates

74 Robert Mathis

75 Brandon Flowers

76 Matthew Stafford

77 Aaron Hernandez

78 Joe Staley

79 Luke Kuechley

80 Dwight Freeney

81 Colin Kaepernick

82 Logan Mankins

83 Lance Briggs

84 Steve Smith

85 Charles Woodson

86 London Fletcher

87 Bernard Pollard

88 Jacoby Jones

89 Cameron Wake

90 Percy Harvin

91 Troy Polamalu

92 Gerald McCoy

93 Anquan Boldin

94 Daryl Washington

95 Max Unger

96 Dashon Golden

97 Heath Miller

98 MJD

99 Trent Williams

100 Dennis Pitta

i agree, jpp is an absolute beast.

my initial thought is, i think cam is way too high. him at 46 and kaep at 81. then i look at their numbers and cam had quite the season. almost 5,000 all purpose yards and doesn't have half the amount of the talent around him like kaep does. not to belittle anything that kaep did, but cam really went under the radar for me during the season.

i agree, jpp is an absolute beast.

my initial thought is, i think cam is way too high. him at 46 and kaep at 81. then i look at their numbers and cam had quite the season. almost 5,000 all purpose yards and doesn't have half the amount of the talent around him like kaep does. not to belittle anything that kaep did, but cam really went under the radar for me during the season.

Carolina IS cam newton though, that team would be so unbelievably bad without him right now (not that they're anygood as it stands), whereas the 49er's have a good team AND Kaepernick.  they would have made the playoffs with Smith at QB.

Mike T, on 31 May 2013 - 10:41, said:

Carolina IS cam newton though, that team would be so unbelievably bad without him right now (not that they're anygood as it stands), whereas the 49er's have a good team AND Kaepernick. they would have made the playoffs with Smith at QB.

did you read the second part of my post, i completely agree. i didn't realize his numbers were that good until further notice. you definitely get side tracked when you look at their record. i would love to see him with talent around him.

Mike T, on 31 May 2013 - 10:43, said:

im shocked Ben is 61. dude should be in the top 30 at least. his team went 8-8 last year, but without ben they probably wouldnt have won a game.

yeah, i was pretty surprised too. however, as a starter he went 7-6. granted, he wasn't himself the last couple games. haley has to let big ben be big ben. hopefully for them, their offense comes together, hopefully for me, it doesn't.

their is still no clear cut way the players vote. are they voting on a overall resume, this past season, next season? a combo of 'em all? i know i wouldn't want him under center though. too banged up, i think he has only played one full season and with less wr talent around him. him and haley have their hands full.

YOU HID ME?!@$!

NEVAR!!

And I'm in for $ too to get majority out of the way but don't be surprised if I ask for a couple of mailing addresses at the end of this.

Malone I think I saw him post in some thread a couple of days ago but I could be wrong.

Wonder how Cam newton is gonna do after dropping those 15 pounds. His stats since his rookie year have been tremendous. Too bad he's a panther