NFL Discussion

Very bold considering they've made some great off-season acquisitions. They'll win the south easily.

extremely tough out of division schedule. gb, skins, 49ers, seahawks, patriots, plus their division with maturing bucs and panthers, plus the return of sean peyton. its going to be tough. last season their out of division featured detroit, cards, eagles, kc, cowboys, sd, nyg. they only had 1 team that went to the playoffs on their schedule and only 3 teams with winning records. its going to be very different when they have these other games on their schedule.

Atlanta may very well have the best WR duo in the league and a QB that can get them the ball. Combine that with the bad secondaries in the south and that spells trouble.

As for the Panthers, they're not maturing, they're getting old. The only positive I see in Charlotte is the front 7. The negative, an inaccurate, lazy QB with zero leadership qualities.

are you forgetting about the bucs getting revis and goldson. going to be one of the most improved secondaries by a landslide. those two together were made to ruin matt ryans passing game.

that qb also has some added weapons in ginn and hixon on top of smith and lafell. cam is maturing. he hasn't been used to losing prior to carolina, doesn't like it and is learning.

I did forget about Revis.

Ginn sucks. I don't understand the hype around Hixon. Cam isn't maturing and again, he's not a leader. I say all of this as a dedicated Panthers fan. I'm a firm believer in the NFL formula for success starting with the coach and QB and to me, both of ours suck. Rivera should've been shown the door last year.

with the start of mini camps, i am bored enough at work to make my own power rankings

1. Seatle Seahawks

They had one of the most athletic and young teams last season and now they have those same guys, one year more experienced, and they improved their receiving core.

2. Denver Broncos

Just like the seatle, the broncos improved their receiving core and have another year of familiarity with manning.  we saw there is no worries with manning and manning can still manning just fine.  a lot of worries about their run game, but i think they have a lot of depth and shouldn't worry.

3. San Fran 49ers

even with manningham and crabtrees injuries, they are still a dangerous team offensively.  with kaeps speed, gore/hunter combo, vernon davis and the addition of anquan boldin and kaeps old favorite target. they are still really good offensively and will only get better when manningham returns and crabtree down the way of the end of the season.  oh and that defense...enough said.  would be number 1 if those 2 receivers weren't banged up.

4. Green Bay Packers

if this round 2 rookie running back is the real deal, they are a super bowl winning team, if not, they are still a possible super bowl winning team.  like the other teams above, the stronger got stronger.

5. Baltimore Ravens

unlike most people would think, i think they too got stronger.  they got hot at the right time and did some unthinkable things. however, all season, all i heard and i said too was how the defense needs revamped.  this year they will have a healthy suggs, healthy ngata, and a healthy webb.  thats going to be huge.  they also brought in some vets on d like canty, dumervill, spears, huff, and daryl smith.  they also have a really young talented offense and an offensive line that won't be shuffled and shuffled.  how long will it take the defense to get familiar to the 4-3 though?

6. New England Patriots 

If Amendola stays healthy he is far better improvement than Welker.  If not, i expect to see a lot more running in NE.  Also, gronk and hernandez are highly suspect.  This team if healthy is far too dangerous.  however, they are not healthy and won't be healthy and won't win a championship, they are still a top team though.  they are getting better and better on defense and have ridley is one of the top rbs in the league.  

7. Atlanta Falcons

I expect them normality to return to atlanta.   gonzalez age will ultimately catch up with him and without that julio jones and roddy whites numbrers will drop a bit.  matt ryan is a pos.

8. Houston Texans

they can't win a super bowl with matt shaub.  arian foster should continue to do it all and also play qb too.  that defense is dangerous, but the offense is lacking with shaub.  there is nothing really really wrong with this time, however, when it counts they can't beat any of the other top afc teams.  

9. Cincinnati Bengals

until they win a post-season game, i am keeping them here.  they have all the potential in the world and have shown brilliance, but like the houston texans, i got to see them beat a team above to believe they have the right mindset.  i think james harrison will step up as a leader and bring a real toughness to their defense, maybe not on the field, but his presence will be felt.

10. Washington Redskins

Healthy RGIII, redskins are top 10.  everything seems to be going according to plan for him and same goes for garcon and fred davis. i am worried for them that defenses will start to figure out how to handle the option better and rgIII and alfred morris numbers will drop

Honorable Mentions

Dolphins - I could see them winning the afc east. legitimately. 

Colts - Looks like their run game is improving, could help andrew luck take another step

Bucs - With all the new additions, i could see them having a shot at their division too

I don't see any reason the 49ers shouldn't be the preseason #1. Best coach in football. Best defense. Great offensive line. Gore a bit older but lots of young guys ready to step up (hunter could start for many teams). Lots of draft picks coming in this year too as we'll as Namdi (who is nothing but a bonus if he steps up. Don't even need him).

They were already weak at WR before losing Crabtree and Kaepernick is still not a sure thing (although he passes the eye test). Oh well, can't have the all pro team. Everyone gonna have some holes. That's not much though.

I could easily see the texans at .500 or below. Arian foster is officially injury prone. Andre Johnson is definitely on the downslope. Schaub not gonna put the offense on his shoulders. Jj watt is a beast, though.

Too many?

zero?

When The Patriots drafted Hernandez, I assume they didn't think he would one day shoot a guy in the face. The Ravens willingly signed McClain after what I said above, among other terrible things.

and i'm sure when they signed him, he and his agent both gave the "young and dumb speech" and gave him a shot. (no pun intended)

slipped up with them and gone. thats what i like about the ravens so much in the john harbaugh era. i was just more or less making a joke at the "patriot way" bc they seem to make negative headlines just as much as any other team.