Me First and the Gimme Gimme's new LP (Updates!)

I actually emailed fat and asked why black was mixed in and that i would order again, if I could get it on blue. They wrote back saying there was no promise for color vinyl. So I replied and said that's fine, but that I would place a while new order if they could promise to throw in a blue. No response, bums me out. Thanks guys!

I don't understand how they can have such an exact numbers of blue LP's, yet there is black mixed in, no idea how that works. Oh well, whatever, this is a joke...

It's no joke. Fat doesn't guarantee colored vinyl, whether they have it in stock or not. Emailing to pester them isn't going to get you anywhere. Stop being such a baby.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually emailed fat and asked why black was mixed in and that i would order again, if I could get it on blue. They wrote back saying there was no promise for color vinyl. So I replied and said that's fine, but that I would place a while new order if they could promise to throw in a blue. No response, bums me out. Thanks guys!

I don't understand how they can have such an exact numbers of blue LP's, yet there is black mixed in, no idea how that works. Oh well, whatever, this is a joke...

It's no joke. Fat doesn't guarantee colored vinyl, whether they have it in stock or not. Emailing to pester them isn't going to get you anywhere. Stop being such a baby.

Yeah, you can just paint it if you really want a blue one!

I didn't email with the intent to be pissed about getting black, I know there is always a chance of getting black. I emailed them asking if I placed another new order, paying for another LP I could get a blue one. That's what I'm bummed about, no reply.

I see all you guys post on here about your color vinyl and shit, so what if I want the blue, especially when the label probably still has some left. Do you honestly think I'm being such a bay emailing and asking to pay for second LP if they can make sure a blue falls into the mailer? I don't think it's that too much to ask. Of course they don't have to, but I wasn't asking for a favor where they would lose out and send me a blue one for free or anything. Whatever, I think what I was trying to say was taken the wrong way or I wrote it out different than what I was trying to get across.

I'll be fine with the black and pick a blue one up on ebay or something, they'll be cheap on there until the blue is gone.

sorry for being a baby...

I agree he shouldn't have emailed Fat whining, but you can't blame him for being dissapointed.

But if you don't collect the band or aren't planning to sell it, black vinyl should be just fine. It plays the same songs.

I don't understand this argument. This is a vinyl collecting site, not just a music fan site.

So fuck yeah you want the limited colored shit. You'd have a pretty weak collection if everything was on black /1,000,000

But if you don't collect the band or aren't planning to sell it, black vinyl should be just fine. It plays the same songs.

I don't understand this argument. This is a vinyl collecting site, not just a music fan site.

So fuck yeah you want the limited colored shit. You'd have a pretty weak collection if everything was on black /1,000,000

This isn't necessarily a vinyl collecting site, it's more of a site for music enthusiasts who prefer to listen to that music on vinyl.

That said, a lot of people here just want good music on vinyl. Yes, getting limited colored vinyl is a very nice perk, but these days it seems everyone is a lot more concerned about what a record looks like than the actual music it contains. To me, that is the wrong reason to be buying vinyl.

Do you understand my argument now?

I'm not more concerned with what the records looks like compared to what the vinyl contains by any means. I would prefer it if I had something a little more rare than not rare. Obviously if I don't get it, it's not the end of the world, but if there is a way to get something, even after I got the less rare version, I'll try and get it. If that means ebay, might still be worth it. If it means getting in touch with the label asking them if they have anything left, I'll try that route. Most labels are more than happy to sell more copies of anything their putting out. That isn't a stab at Fat or anything, I know they're busy and have more important things to do than reply to emails some kid is sending asking for vinyl because it's blue. It's amazing what a couple emails can do with some people though and it's nice when you get a reply saying they have a copy and put it aside for ya.

I remember when I first got into vinyl around 97 or 98, my girlfriend had a 7" from this local band, but back then, a lot of communicating was still snail mail. I wanted this seven inch bad and wasn't going to take her copy, so I mailed them a letter asking if they were still around and if they had any copies of the seven inch left. A month later I get a package with three copies of the record, super cool.

We're all here for different reasons, fans of the music, fans of the vinyl, collectors of both, whatever. I understand why hickey is saying what he's saying and I probably came off a little whiney, but I still don't see the problem emailing a label and asking for a small favor, which in turns sells them another copy. If I were losing sleep over getting the black and not the blue, sure, I'd call myself out too.

I don't understand why geezfools is catching heat for wanting a blue copy so much. I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. I've been buying my records via Fat for many, many years. Well before they were documenting the colored versions. Hell, for many years I assumed all Declines were clear and all Surfers were blue. So I'd be bummed out, too, and I'd be on the hunt. I might even politely e-mail Fat. Maybe.

That being said, he asked once and they essentially said no. In my opinion, that's pretty much end of story. Time for eBay or trading. And to come on here and complain about Fat on a board that they read and post on is incomprehensible to me. That's probably going to lead to less colored copies from Fat in the future. But overall, I do feel for him. But they didn't come out and say they sent black to known flippers or anything like that, so no reason to get bent out of shape with them.

I don't understand why geezfools is catching heat for wanting a blue copy so much. I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. I've been buying my records via Fat for many, many years. Well before they were documenting the colored versions. Hell, for many years I assumed all Declines were clear and all Surfers were blue. So I'd be bummed out, too, and I'd be on the hunt. I might even politely e-mail Fat. Maybe.

That being said, he asked once and they essentially said no. In my opinion, that's pretty much end of story. Time for eBay or trading. And to come on here and complain about Fat on a board that they read and post on is incomprehensible to me. That's probably going to lead to less colored copies from Fat in the future. But overall, I do feel for him. But they didn't come out and say they sent black to known flippers or anything like that, so no reason to get bent out of shape with them.

I think my giving him heat was the culmination of so many people complaining. I'm sorry I singled you out geezfools. It just seems to me that people on this board piss and moan an awful lot when they don't get what they want and it's getting rather annoying. It's like a vinyl-related episode of My Super Sweet 16 around here sometimes.

Also, I think the reason I was so critical here was the sarcastic "thank you" directed at Fat, when it's obviously out of their control what color vinyl people get. They can't very well open up every copy and check and I think publicly calling them out for not replying to an email was kind of a dick move. If anything, that would work against someone getting colored vinyl.

Anyway, geezfools, I apologize.

no need for an apology but I'll take it :), it was kind of a dick move on my part anyways. I think i went about it the wrong way, not sure if there was a right way other than to keep my eye on ebay or post a wanted ad here. I'll make no excuses for me being a little whiney about it, just kind of stupid I suppose. Can't always be the smarter guy I guess. I do have to give it to Fat, they work hard, put out great records over and over and offer us pretty vinyl. Not trying to suck up or anything, just my apology to them I suppose for my comments over the past couple pages, I'm an idiot. I'll keep myself in check next time.

Oh and if anyone has a blue copy, check my list for trades... :)

hey geezfools just be lucky you didn't get a record like this dude. fuck man, NO COLOR at all. at least you got black.

I'd take that "version" any day! It's kind of funny this picture even showed up, I almost picked up the slipmat with the me first order to begin with but backed out so I could afford a big spending item on ebay. Also makes me miss me copy of ribbed on black vinyl.

This isn't necessarily a vinyl collecting site, it's more of a site for music enthusiasts who prefer to listen to that music on vinyl.

quote]

Not to split hairs here, but on the front page it does say

Vinyl Collective, A Community for Vinyl Collectors.

i got black, i think its stupid... ive ordered like 20-30 lps from the label when they came out and always got color... i wrote an email to fat about it that probably wont get replied to....

Hey,

I feel really lame having to write this email...

I recently ordered the new Me First lp as soon as it went up for sale on your site (well, 3 hours after the fact)so that I could snag myself a colored copy--something I have been doing for the last 8 or so years on all the fat releases I care about. When a black copy showed up in my mail I was a bit disheartened. I know theres no promise of color but I know people who ordered two days later and got color (seriously, I feel like such a nerd writing this--I know no matter how I phrase things I will just come off sounding like a whiny geek.) I'm also extra bummed because I already bought a regular copy at my local store.

Like I said, I know theres no promise of colored vinyl and I'm not looking for a fix on this or demanding anything. I just wanted to say that I've been mail ordering from Fat Wreck for over a decade, spent hundreds of dollars on your releases and shirts, and this is the first time that I would describe the experience as anything but amazing. I am also not happy that I now have to cross my fingers and hope to snag this record off ebay at a decent price from some jerk who just bought the record to make money off of the label.

I just wanted to let you know how I felt. I'll still keep ordering and I'm not mad--just bummed.

so yeah, this kinda sucks, but hey, first world problems, right? i dont like the idea of colored vinyl being a crap shoot. when the store says colored vinyl still available i would like to think that by ordering i would get one of those... though fat could just keep one colored copy of everything, claim it was still available, and mail out black to all the suckers

We didn't get your email, can you send it again to [email protected] You could have been the first person that ordered the LP and still got black, it's not a matter of what time you ordered it, they got mixed up at the pressing plant. Furthermore, the website never said that it was still available (not within the first 3 hours at least).

So how about that Michael Phelps dude? That guy sure can swim!