VC LP of the month club

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's make it on next year,virgil.

i vote for an album and vote again if you will deal with ferret for release ferret back catalog as lp of the month club.

i can't imagine how awesome if i will receive blood has been shed on april (i give you 3 months for prepare) ,the banner on may,and the other ferret's album on next month....

Solid idea, but I'm for 7"s like everyone else. Virgil's idea is nice, but if there's choices then I don't know. I'd rather just save my money and buy something I want every month, ya know? If it wasn't something specific to this club that is.

On a similar note, we could start a club where we all buy the same record and discuss is, kind of like a book club type deal.

I am getting mixed signals from everyone. I have actually been working on a 7" club which will be series of split 7"s where 2 acts do covers of songs that have influenced what they do. so far I have been getting confirmations from country/folk acts and have got yeses so far from:

jon snodgrass of drag the river / ben nichols of lucero

tim barry / chuck ragan

rocky votolato / chad price

William Elliott Whitmore / Josh Small

and Two Cow will do one but not sure with who. I was also thinking of doing a more punk rock focused one where LaGrecia is in on the action, and maybe ask bands like A wilhelm scream, shook ones, and other bands.

I will think about this some more.

Guest baseball
I am getting mixed signals from everyone. I have actually been working on a 7" club which will be series of split 7"s where 2 acts do covers of songs that have influenced what they do. so far I have been getting confirmations from country/folk acts and have got yeses so far from:

tim barry / chuck ragan

and Two Cow will do one but not sure with who. I was also thinking of doing a more punk rock focused one where LaGrecia is in on the action, and maybe ask bands like A wilhelm scream, shook ones, and other bands.

i would buy every single one of those

tim barry / chuck ragan

I'd be so into this idea, especially the punk rock stuff with AWS and what nots.

I think it would be neat to pair a band like AWS with oh say Chuck Ragan for a split 7" doing cover songs. That way we could get entirely different renditions of things.

tim barry / chuck ragan

Definitely in for this. Probably the Punk Rock version too.

Guest falloutcollapse
I would defintely be more into an exclusive series rather than basically a members discount on a few LPs.

I would probably go in on this even if I wasn't into/didn't know all of the bands, as long as there are a few that I like.

Me too. That country one seems fun!

You never know...those NOFX 7"s of the month sell well on eBay. If Virgil does VC exclusives and VC keeps growing at the rate it has been, we'll probably be able to sell ones we don't like on eBay later. I say we go for it.

That's not a mindset I want to have, though.

I know, I don't either, I was just trying to come up with alternative ideas. I would probably be down for either a 7" or an LP of the month, but I would prefer to have the 3 or 4 options, from different genres.

Subscription clubs like this only work if the material you get is exclusive to the club. While Virgil's idea of being able to choose between 3-4 LPs a month and picking one to receive is cool, it's the same thing as just buying one record from VC a month -- the only thing that would make that idea worthwhile is if the price on it was absolutely insanely low (i.e. under $100), that way you would almost definitely save money.

But yeah, Virgil, I think you should turn your country 7" series into a subscription series with an exclusive color/packaging for subscribers (you could still sell them in stores, too, but we'd get special ones).

tim barry / chuck ragan

id probably be down for this

tim barry / chuck ragan

fantastic. i love being part of a monthly 7" club.

both the fat 7" clubs were great

tim barry / chuck ragan

id be in on both of those fo sho.

I thought Virgil said that already. (I'm too lazy to go back a page or two)

Well, before he said that for the LP of the month he would have different genres to choose from, but I wasn't sure if for the 7" club he had been planning if he was just gonna do a country series or different stuff. My bad if he did.