A Full Sleeve?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, in fact, you should go ahead and get your new sleeve removed asap.

but seriously, be more specific about "the audio business". I have a tatt on my wrist and have a job working for a power tool company doing outside sales and it hasn't affected me.

(i just make sure to wear long sleeves at interviews/when appropriate)

i have a full sleeve and numerous tattoos on the other arm up tio the wrist and it has not kept me from getting a job (except at blockbuster). I was able to get a sales job at dell for christ sakes. As long as i wore long sleeves. but usually if you're in the music business most of the time, tattoos aren't really a problem.

I'd love to get a full sleeve tattoo. I asked my manager about it once and he said that it's not an issue but since I have a customer interaction, he wouldn't recommend it. I could get it done...but I'd have to wear long-sleeve shirts. But working outside in the Florida heat and blazing sun, not a very good idea.

Yeah... I'm in med school and I'm planning on getting a half-sleeve in a couple months. People tell me its stupid, but have you ever seen a doc you took seriously in a collared shirt with short sleeves? Me neither.

I have a buddy who does small construction jobs as a private contractor and he wears a kilt every day. Really nice guy, a bit nuts though. He's never had any problems, but probably because he's a freaking perfectionist about what he builds. My point being, I wouldn't worry about it.

^ Times are changing. I have a good friend who is a GI doctor, and he has tattoos (not sleeves though). Another one of my best friends is a labor attorney, and he has two long half-sleeves. I just got my half-sleeve done, and I have a normal office job.

The point is, it's becoming more and more acceptable my mainstream society to have tattoos. If people don't like it, just wear a long shirt.

my regular doctor has two full sleeves. every time i go see him we end up talking about tattoos for a while.

Wow, you'd think in the medical field they'd really frown upon tattoos but I guess a good doctor is a good doctor regardless of how he looks.

he also rides motorcycles and uses foul language. awesome guy.

Guest conoley

I'm 2/3 of my way to being a lawyer. I'm the only guy in my school with a sleeve, but I've got a job, so it's all good. I used to be a teacher, too, and even that was ok with short sleeves. My VP said as long as it wasn't of naked ladies or swear words, it was fine to show it.