We've got Olympic Fever

Guest conoley

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, because he has so many oppotunities to win golds. a volleyballer only has one chance at a gold. theres so many variations of what he does, i dont think its fair to say he is the greatest olympian ever. anyone else feel the same?

He still has to excel at four different styles of swimming.

And a volleyballer could play beach volleyball and indoor team volleyball. So they could have two chances at gold. ;)

I get what your saying though.

This is and example Phelps' schedule per day.

6:30am - Wake Up

6:45am - Breakfast

7:30am - Bus to Pool

7:45am - Arrive at Pool

8:00am - Stretch

8:30am - 2400M Warm Up

10:18am - 200 Fly Final

10:30am - Warm Down 1000M

10:59am - 200 Fly Medal Ceremony

11:16am -4×200 Free Relay Final

11:30am - Warm Down 300m

11:38am - 4×200 Free Medal Ceremony

11:55am - Warm down 800m

12:15pm - Press Conference

12:45pm - Doping Control Test

1:45pm - Bus to Olympic Village

2:00pm - Lunch

2:30pm - Rest

4:00pm - Team Meeting

5:00pm - Bus to Pool

5:15pm - Arrive at Pool

5:30pm - Stretch

5:45pm - Warm up 2400M

8:55pm - 200IM Prelim

9:10pm - Warm down 800M

9:45pm - Bus to Olympic Village

10:00pm - Dinner

11:00pm - Bed!!

He did a total of 17 competitive swims in a weeks time. No other athlete has worked this hard at the games. Plus 3 of those gold medals he got in team relays so he had to rely on 3 other people being at the top of their game as well.

I'm kind of sick of hearing about Phelps. On the Today show this morning they were interviewing one of the other swimmers, but EVERY question was about Phelps.

What about this other guy's glory?

The interviewer would say "So, how nervous were you for Phelps?" -- "Did you think about Michael while you were in there?" blah, blah, blah.

I agree that that aspect of it is extremely lame. I was watching an interview with Lesak and they asked him something along the lines of "did you want to out swim the french so you didn't dissapoint phelps?" and he just looked at the guy and said "I didn't do this for phelps I did it cause I wanted to win".

the judges scores seemed like shit from the start, Liukin's run looked better, and more clean, so it never should of gotten to a tie, but they just explained that:

difficulty was the same on both (7.7)

he kexin got: 9.3, 9.1, 9.1, 8.9, 9.0, 8.9

nastia liukin got: 9.0, 9.3, 9.0, 8.8, 9.0, 9.1

highest and lowest get thrown out (9.3 & 8.9 for kexin, 9.3, 8.8 for liukin)

thet leaves them tied.

tiebreaker, they throw out the next lowest score for each

which is 8.9 for Kexin, 9.0 for Liukin

leaving:

Kexin - 9.1, 9.1, 9.0

Liukin - 9.1, 9.0, 9.0

ranking Kexin higher, giving her gold

just seems like a total bullshit way of doing it.

this baseball game was pretty crazy, 5 US batters hit by pitches.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/18/five-american-batters-hit_n_119733.html

Our relations with China were nearly broken at the plate.

A near-brawl with our Olympic hosts in a baseball game won 9-1 by the U.S. team Monday night resulted in an unexpected outbreak of tension for the international pastime.

Three members of China's team were ejected from the game.

Two collisions at home plate led to an injury to a Chinese catcher and a confrontation with another.

An American player was then hit in the head with a pitch. He was rushed to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with a concussion.

"That was the last straw," said U.S. center fielder Nate Schierholtz, another of the principals.

It counts as one medal per team. So a 2 person vollyball team winning gold (which they will) would count as one gold medal for the overall tally.

That baseball game was pretty crazy, I think it all started when one of our guys was making a run for the plate and knocked over the catcher and he didnt play the rest of the game. I say grow a pair dude its what being a catcher is all about.

this baseball game was pretty crazy, 5 US batters hit by pitches.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/18/five-american-batters-hit_n_119733.html

Our relations with China were nearly broken at the plate.

A near-brawl with our Olympic hosts in a baseball game won 9-1 by the U.S. team Monday night resulted in an unexpected outbreak of tension for the international pastime.

Three members of China's team were ejected from the game.

Two collisions at home plate led to an injury to a Chinese catcher and a confrontation with another.

An American player was then hit in the head with a pitch. He was rushed to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with a concussion.

"That was the last straw," said U.S. center fielder Nate Schierholtz, another of the principals.

Well, now I'm glad Andrew McCutcheon didn't go!