Overrated bands?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Religion is a big part of the punk music. Where do you think those epifat bands got their sound from... including NOFX.

I personally always thought Blink 182 was overrated. They were good, but i never understood the hype behind them. they were just a pop punk band to me. Nothing More.

I personally always thought Blink 182 was overrated. They were good, but i never understood the hype behind them. they were just a pop punk band to me. Nothing More.

music videos, mtv... all of that seemed to be right place, right time for blink. their major label debut came out around the peak of mtv's TRL popularity, i think.

That wiki about the Beatles recording methods was pretty interesting.

One of my housemates that I lived with last year said that the Beatles were "shit" and this was because their recordings sound "shit" compared to bands like Biffy Clyro. How can that imbecile label a band shit on the basis of 40 year old recordings and compare them to ones that are probably recorded and then mixed with something like Pro Tools? This guy was doing a Sound Engineering degree too! But he dropped out because all he would do is get high and eat all our food, haha.

Stupid thread.

There is only so much people can thread about on an every thing else posts....how about..

Whats the most overrated fast food chain or curse word or for that matter sexual position.

Sometimes you just need something to pass the time.

Oh and my vote is for

Killers

Fall Out Boy( and any other band that fits this category)

U2

Hot Water Music

Against Me!

Slayer

Rage Against The Machine

Nirvana

Deftones

Weezer

I'm serious as well.

I personally like most of these bands, but RATM, but you can't deny SLAYER and NIRVANA. Slayer had a profound effect on Music. Reign in Blood has been considered one of the heaviest albums of all time. They were a big part of the thrash movement back in the mid 80's.

NIrvana also had a impact and brought punk in the limelight. It also basically proved anyone with very little musical talent could make it big. Kurt Cobain wasn't the best musician, but he had good ideas, and that's what gave everyone the courage to start bands and what not back in that day..I personally don't like them as much as most, but they did have a impact on music.

It's easy to overlook bands sometimes, especailly when you're younger than the generation in which the made the most impact on.