SXE and Tattoos

people don't care if you're straight edge or not. People care about stupid assholes acting like they are better than you when really they just need to shut the fuck up.

this goes both ways though..

definitely have met 'preachy' straight edge kids who put themselves on a pedestal for their 'beliefs'

but have also met kids that will totally bash a straight edge kid for not drinking, acting like they're better because they do.

good point...

those kids are retarded too... this is what happens when you have two groups of people that are just plain idiotic.. preachy edge kids are just as silly as people who will bash you for not drinking...

seriously, i smoked for 20 years, and not in a million years would i ever make fun of anyone for not smoking.. nor would i suggest it to anyone who was starting or wanting to start. I would always say it's a horrible nasty habit. I know it's hypocritical for me to say, but it was the right thing to do.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight
This is how it usually goes for me:

Someone: "You want a beer?"

Me: "Naw, I don't drink, thanks though."

someone: "oh, you straight edge?"

me: "you could call it that"

That's generally how it goes for me too.

I don't have any straight edge tattoos. However, I must say I fully enjoy my Revelation Records X belt.

This is how it usually goes for me:

Someone: "You want a beer?"

Me: "Naw, I don't drink, thanks though."

someone: "oh, you straight edge?"

me: "you could call it that"

I don't have any straight edge tattoos. However, I must say I fully enjoy my Revelation Records X belt.

When it comes down to it.. i really think people who say "THEIR EDGE" means they are trying to prove something. People who don't usually say the other (no, sorry i don't drink).

Guest genericinsight

When it comes down to it.. i really think people who say "THEIR EDGE" means they are trying to prove something. People who don't usually say the other (no, sorry i don't drink).

I've considered myself straight edge since I was 15 (I'm almost 27 now), but I only mention it if it comes up in conversation somehow. Other than that, if someone asks me if I want a drink or cig I just say "No thanks". I hang out in bars and if I want a drink I get a soda. It's not a big deal.

I do consider it sort of a part of who I am, but I don't let it define me, same way I don't let my vegetarian diet define me either.

I've considered myself straight edge since I was 15 (I'm almost 27 now), but I only mention it if it comes up in conversation somehow. Other than that, if someone asks me if I want a drink or cig I just say "No thanks". I hang out in bars and if I want a drink I get a soda. It's not a big deal.

I do consider it sort of a part of who I am, but I don't let it define me, same way I don't let my vegetarian diet define me either.

yea, i said earlier, there's a place and a time to mention it.

it's actually pretty nice to go into a bar and not have to drink.. I always felt pretty good about myself when i'd be able to go in and not smoke or drink at any time.

damn 27... sometime i wish i never smoked cigarettes. beer on the other hand doesn't bother me, because i don't drink that often.

Just wondering. What makes Straight Edge bands preaching cool and Christian bands saying "We just want you to know that we believe God loves you" lame? They're both espousing a belief they hold that they think will make your life better in the long run.

Unless you're into either of those things you're probably going to think that preaching is shitty.

Just wondering. What makes Straight Edge bands preaching cool and Christian bands saying "We just want you to know that we believe God loves you" lame? They're both espousing a belief they hold that they think will make your life better in the long run.

Unless you're into either of those things you're probably going to think that preaching is shitty.

True. But lots of non-edge kids defend their rights to speak out about it when Christians get bashed pretty much universally.

and i ever discuseds with my beloved girfriend about straightedge.

i told her 'straightedge is good because who carry the edge haven't pay for cigarette,booze and illegal stuffs such crack'.

she replied me 'i don't think so'

'straightedge is not a way for safe money than the other ones who love hardcore music and drink or smoke because 'yu' (she mean 'me') always looking for some hard to find hardcore record on ebay'

result from this discussion is i lose....

I am not Edge or Christian, but I still enjoy lots of bands that preach about both topics. For me personally, I have never listened to a band for advise on lifestyle, religion, politics or anything else. I listen for the music and the lyrics just are what they are. As long as they aren't spouting racist, homophobic, or other hateful lyrics that would offend me, I'm fine with whatever they sing about.

i told her 'straightedge is good because who carry the edge haven't pay for cigarette,booze and illegal stuffs such crack'.

'straightedge is not a way for safe money than the other ones who love hardcore music and drink or smoke because 'yu' (she mean 'me') always looking for some hard to find hardcore record on ebay'

Woah...You're girlfriend is smart.

I think for most, it's because straightedge has its roots in hardcore while Christianity is something that punk rock has always been "against."

Personally, I roll my eyes when anyone starts preaching things. I'm just there to mosh and stagedive. But, going to a hardcore show and hearing a band talk about the edge is somewhat expected. Hearing bands talk about Jesus always weirds me out.

Woah...You're girlfriend is smart.

yes,she is....

:)