These Arms Are Snakes/Pelican Split

[image]

Well, shit. It looks like this long-rumored project is finally going to see the light of day.

Our split/collaboration with Pelican is off to the pressing plant and should be all packaged up in time for our West Coast tour with sBACH in September. For those not hip to the news, we teamed up with Pelican for their encore at Islington Academy in London back in the spring of 2007. Nine dudes on stage played through Pelican’s Pink Mammoth. We decided to recreate that moment by releasing a version of the song with contributions from both bands. But the trade off was forcing Pelican to contribute their embellishments to our song Diggers Of Ditches Everywhere. I must say: those nerdy post-rockers really know how to make a song so layered and textured that you can get completely lost in the expansiveness of the sound. They definitely transformed it into something totally new.

The folks at Hydra Head and everyone else involved is so goddamn pleased with the results that we’ve decided to release a small batch of CDs in addition to the previously planned 10” format. Quantities will be limited, so grab em while you can.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Hydra head through Blue Collar Distro, I've been checking the site religiously so I'll let you all know when, if, I see anything...Also there is a picture of the guys from Torche in fucked up monster costumes on the hydra head welcome page that has been cracking me up for 3 days... awesome. check it out.

I checked the Hydra head site and there was one thing that struck me... It says on the HH contact page that "all pre-orders should go through the store" that said I get the feeling that BCD has done pre-orders in the past. anyway I emailed BCD and asked them if they could shed a little more light on the subject. I'll let you know.

Hydra Head needs to get it together with vinyl. The VSS reissue only came out on CD (and I realize it came with a DVD, but they could have thrown that in with the LP).

Whatever, I still love the label.

I agree completely. If they dropped BCD and started selling stuff elsewhere...(VC, hint hint) and also releasing more of their catalog on vinyl as well, and not just CD. I realize it's way more expensive to do that, but I'm sure everyone on here will agree, It's worth the extra money (for us) to have the vinyl copies. anyway. that's what I got