Anyone watching the DNC?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball

Both conventions are a bunch of ra ra BS if you ask me. Just more fodder for the media to make "news" out of things that aren't news and divert attention away from the real issues going on.

Democracy Now! has the only worthwhile coverage of this thing.

[http]

Funny how Jimmy Carter, who's had a lot of insightful stuff to say the past couple years, barely gets the time of day considering he's 1 of the only 2 Democratic presidents in how long?

The two parties are hardly distinguishable anymore.

And since I'm already ranting, Joe Biden? Are you kidding me? How can anyone take this 'change' nonsense seriously? I mean Joe fucking Biden? A warhawk, drug warrior, corporate lackey? His middle class sympathy speech was quite the joke.

Sorry, but between Joe Biden and Obama's enlisting so many of the advisors from the Clinton era like Madeline Albright, Warren Christopher, Tony Lake, William Perry, etc. (people behind a lot of violence) for his foreign policy advisement it's looking like change is the last thing we're going to see from either of one the candidates. Don't be fooled.

I don't know if you realize... but he's going to inherit a president in war position... I definitely want him to take Clinton's advisors seeing as how he's going to need "wartime" advisors.

as for Joe Biden... he's one of the poorest senators, he is one for the middle class worker, with one of the longest tenures and add the fact that he's from PA but resides in DE, he is going to help Obama win over rural PA where Clinton was dominant in. How is he a corporate lackey?

Drug Warrior? I guess then what he did as the Chairman of INCC is bad?

As chairman of the International Narcotics Control Caucus, Biden wrote the laws that created the U.S. "Drug Czar", who oversees and coordinates national drug control policy. In April 2003 he introduced the controversial Reducing Americans' Vulnerability to Ecstasy Act, also known as the RAVE Act. He continues to work to stop the spread of "date rape drugs" such as Rohypnol, and drugs such as Ecstasy and Ketamine. In 2004 he worked to pass a bill outlawing steroids like androstenedione, the drug used by many baseball players

Guest baseball
I don't know if you realize... but he's going to inherit a president in war position... I definitely want him to take Clinton's advisors seeing as how he's going to need "wartime" advisors.

as for Joe Biden... he's one of the poorest senators, he is one for the middle class worker, with one of the longest tenures and add the fact that he's from PA but resides in DE, he is going to help Obama win over rural PA where Clinton was dominant in. How is he a corporate lackey?

Drug Warrior? I guess then what he did as the Chairman of INCC is bad?

As chairman of the International Narcotics Control Caucus, Biden wrote the laws that created the U.S. "Drug Czar", who oversees and coordinates national drug control policy. In April 2003 he introduced the controversial Reducing Americans' Vulnerability to Ecstasy Act, also known as the RAVE Act. He continues to work to stop the spread of "date rape drugs" such as Rohypnol, and drugs such as Ecstasy and Ketamine. In 2004 he worked to pass a bill outlawing steroids like androstenedione, the drug used by many baseball players

Are you familiar with those names who I posted originally from the Clinton administration? You realize they pushed some of the most violent policy of that administration? In a lot of people's opinions, they laid the ground work for the eventual policies in regards to Iraq. I think you really need to research those people before you defend them.

Look at Biden's work in regard to bankruptcy in 2005 in connection with the company his son worked for. Yes, corporate lackey, his words are hollow.

Are you kidding me? What he did with the INCC was not just bad, it was catostrophically bad. His drug warrior legislation is a HUGE part of the problems the lower/lower middle class in this country has been having the past 20+ years. His anti-drug work in 1986 has proved to be extremely damaging. The drug czar is one of the most corrupt public officials in existence. He's directly facilitated the prison industrial complex in this country. He's passed multitudes of racist drug policy. Joe Biden has done MASSIVE damage to the lower classes in the USA. His appointment makes Obama a complete joke.

While I do agree with Baseball in terms of Bidden (most notably that be pushed through legislation to end higher education in prison), I also understand why he's a good choice in terms of votes.

While he's still considered more "middle of the left" he isn't as extreme as a black man and that will comfort many Americans. Additionally, he has a shit ton of experience in Senate, more than McCain and that will balance out McCain's, "I'm old as dirt! So Old I have more experience...blahblah".

And while he does have some views I oppose (such as his intense policies toward drugs and housing drug users/suppliers, RAVE Act), he's done some good things like increasing the funding for battered women shelter and creating a national rape/crisis hotline. Not to mention he sought to use military action only after exhausting all non-violent measures.

Typically, I wouldn't even worry about a vice president but Chaney has put enough fear in me that I now look into them.

Guest baseball
While I do agree with Baseball in terms of Bidden (most notably that be pushed through legislation to end higher education in prison), I also understand why he's a good choice in terms of votes.

While he's still considered more "middle of the left" he isn't as extreme as a black man and that will comfort many Americans. Additionally, he has a shit ton of experience in Senate, more than McCain and that will balance out McCain's, "I'm old as dirt! So Old I have more experience...blahblah".

And while he does have some views I oppose (such as his intense policies toward drugs and housing drug users/suppliers, RAVE Act), he's done some good things like increasing the funding for battered women shelter and creating a national rape/crisis hotline. Not to mention he sought to use military action only after exhausting all non-violent measures.

Typically, I wouldn't even worry about a vice president but Chaney has put enough fear in me that I now look into them.

Yeah, I understand why Biden was picked. From a logistical standpoint it makes sense. I mean this is what politics is. The focus groups probably pointed to Biden.

I still hope Obama gets elected, even if I'm discouraged by about 1000 things with his campaign. He's not who I'm voting for, but he's better than McCain. Although I think it's a very small chance, maybe just maybe Obama is going to relax on some of these things he's flipping on. He's said some encouraging things at times (not lately), but only actions will tell if he gets elected.

At least I can listen to Obama talk, McCain has already had the 'W affect' on me. Where I can't even listen to the guy talk, it's literally just straining to hear him fumble around. I just can't take W seriously when he talks, I swear he acts like a bully from the sandbox sometimes.

Yeah, I understand why Biden was picked. From a logistical standpoint it makes sense. I mean this is what politics is. The focus groups probably pointed to Biden.

I still hope Obama gets elected, even if I'm discouraged by about 1000 things with his campaign. He's not who I'm voting for, but he's better than McCain. Although I think it's a very small chance, maybe just maybe Obama is going to relax on some of these things he's flipping on. He's said some encouraging things at times (not lately), but only actions will tell if he gets elected.

At least I can listen to Obama talk, McCain has already had the 'W affect' on me. Where I can't even listen to the guy talk, it's literally just straining to hear him fumble around. I just can't take W seriously when he talks, I swear he acts like a bully from the sandbox sometimes.

Truth. Mind if I ask who you are voting for? Or if you are.

I agree I've been quite discouraged by Obama lately (so much so I took down my Obama print out at work and replaced it with Jimmy Carter and the Swamp rabbit) but I really do believe he's a step in the right direction. He's not an ideal candidate but I do see great distinctions between him and Bush. And McCain has done nothing but make himself into a disgrace. I just can't believe in all his moral high road talk and shit that he's turned into this.