www.vinyldownloads.com appresh

I've long been a big supporter/loud mouth of the inclusion of a DL code with vinyl release (so far as to email labels in the early 00's asking for files) and I have to say that www.vinyldownloads.com has the most simple, easy to use format of getting the music to the customer.

I just got my Measure (SA) record from them and it was fantasticly easy and quality is fine (i'm no audiophile, so not clue on the bitrate).

More labels/bands should work with these guys, I think they post on here, so big ups to you guys.

Guest kylewilliam

thanks a lot guys! we are working hard to make things simple, easy, and nice. next we need to re-design our ugly ass website, but otherwise everything is going fine!

I like the drop cards one, mainly because of the nice laminated card you get from them. although vinyldownloads.com is very easy to use if it is the one that was used for the new kay kay 7"

yeah, we have been doing all the downloads for Suburban Home since LeGracia, and Virgil's support has been amazing.

Guest kylewilliam
Good luck with this, you are entering very early into a brand new market, could stand to be very successful. Interesting that you use slightly modified wordpress for the code it seems. Are you pulling a specific article with the code in it based on the code entered?

wordpress has nothing to do with the backend, its just how we have it to make it easier to organize the website. the backend was programmed from scratch

Good luck with this, you are entering very early into a brand new market, could stand to be very successful. Interesting that you use slightly modified wordpress for the code it seems. Are you pulling a specific article with the code in it based on the code entered?

wordpress has nothing to do with the backend, its just how we have it to make it easier to organize the website. the backend was programmed from scratch

oh alright, I thought you did some fun hacking to wordpress to turn it into some delivery system. I enjoy when places hack the crap out of it and make it do new fancy stuff.

Guest kylewilliam

wes is kind of a master of certain things, and i think hes working on some fun wordpress hacks to make it look cooler. we are revamping everything but i am really happy with how its working now. we are taking on any label or band who is interested in having digital downloads with their records.

You know what I also like is when you get the download code at the time you ordered the record. Like Trent Reznor did with the Ghosts album. You paid for it online, you get the files, you can start listening right afterwards...and a few days later the vinyl arrives. For me it would double the fun. Although I know that others may like the suspense before the shipment arrives. But for that kind of thing you still have pre-orders.

Guest kylewilliam
You know what I also like is when you get the download code at the time you ordered the record. Like Trent Reznor did with the Ghosts album. You paid for it online, you get the files, you can start listening right afterwards...and a few days later the vinyl arrives. For me it would double the fun. Although I know that others may like the suspense before the shipment arrives. But for that kind of thing you still have pre-orders.

i totally agree, i think a few people we are working with are contemplating doing that. i, personally, like waiting for the whole package, but thats just me

Guest kylewilliam

we do it per code, which is pretty much per file. each price quote is different depending on the number of down loads and such, but i can say regardless we are a few hundred times cheaper than any single one of our competitors. we don't feel the need to rip anyone off, and just want to do our part to keep vinyl a viable option for labels instead of feeling liek they need CDs.