Boston Record Stores

Newbury Comics is usually rubbish. Theres a pretty huge one on Main Street Cambridge near The Middle East.

Mass Ave, cheapo records.

on the same street, other direction, is stereo jacks.

neither really has metal, but the Newbs in harvard square has a GIGANTIC vinyl selection all of a sudden so um, they have tons of metal now.

Newbury Comics for new stuff. 30% off vinyl this weekend by the way. There's a bunch of stores in the area. The new Faneuil Hall location is nice, but I like the Fresh Pond location because it's bigger.

Cheapo Records seems anything but from my experience.

I like In Year Ear on Comm Ave for classic rock. Another location in Harvard Sq.

Looney Tunes - near Harvard Sq on Mass Ave. Haven't found much stuff to my liking there

Deja Vu Records - 25 mins from Boston in Natick. A ton of stuff from classical, jazz, to classic rock. Most of it is just everywhere and not alphabetized and with no prices. You can get a lot of good stuff for good prices if you want to dig around though.

Newbury Comics for new stuff. 30% off vinyl this weekend by the way. There's a bunch of stores in the area. The new Faneuil Hall location is nice, but I like the Fresh Pond location because it's bigger.

haha harvard sq. newbury comics has 10 TIMES the collection of records that fresh pond has!

in saying that a brand new newbury comics just opened up in dedham this weekend and i think it's supposed to be the biggest newbury comics EVER!

ps. ryan the terriables apartment is a pretty good record store except everything is FREE! just bring his doggy treats and he'll let you take whatever you want

I'm taking a trip in late Oct. to Boston. What stores should I try to hit up while I'm there. I'll only be there for 3 days but I would at least like to go to one. I'm mainly looking for Hardcore/Grind/Death Metal but I also enjoy classic rock and older jams. Any advice??

What transportation will you have. If you can get to Providence hit up Armageddon. Right up your alley.

I lived in boston for 2 years. it is a fucking shithole. There are no decent records stores at all.

i've lived in boston for 5 years, 21 miles out of the city for 4, 44 miles out for 18.

i can't think of a better city to live in (mostly because i've visited most of them), and lacking in record stores and certain shows (todd congelliere related bands) can sometimes be worth it.

I've found some decent 7"s at In Your Ear and when the stockyard stoics/Filaments split came out I was able to get it at Newbury along with a few off with their heads splits. That place on Mass ave near middle east had nothing when I went in there last year though.

cheapo rarely has anything...i mean i got Catholic Boy for $1

IYE has a GREAT punk selection if you check often enough, and if you are looking for old boston punk bands circa 96-06, they will have it for like $2

plus i got the lemuria self titled 7" there for $1