Our Anniverary Almost Killed me Update PLEASE READ

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

We had about as good of a weekend as one can have for Suburban Home's 13th Anniversary. After 3 nights of boozing, storytelling, friends, and loads of incredible music, we are looking forward to at least a few nights of sobriety. Words cannot even begin to describe how amazing having our bands in town hanging out, playing music, and partying. I feel really lucky to be able to work with all of the bands on Suburban Home not just because I love their music, but they are all such good folks. We got a ton of footage over the weekend and will be slowly putting it up on the Suburban Home youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/suburbanhome. After 3 shows, a garage sale, a barbecue/washers tournament (that me and my friend T-Bone won!!!), I had to take Ninja Gun to the airport and wake up at 4am to do so. I actually could not sleep all night and maybe got an hour of sleep so as you might imagine, I feel totally and completely haggered.

We have a lot going on this week and wanted to give you a quick update:

* Tim Barry has a brand new album, "Manchester" that we plan to release in stores on November 4th. We will be posting a pre-order tomorrow and will send out the records/cds/deluxe sets as soon as they arrive which could be a full month in advance of the release date. This new album is really special, Tim has gone through more this past year than most people have in a lifetime and "Manchester" really documents those experiences. We are trying like hell to get cds done by the start of the Revival tour and vinyl done within the first few weeks of the tour. Pre-order should begin around 2pm.

* I am waiting on a few things from Portugal the Man's management before I can post the pre-order. This might happen tomorrow, it might not. Stay tuned.

* It is my full intention to post pre-orders for Boys Night Out, Foxy Shazam, and 36 Crazy Fists. Let's hope I get a good nights sleep.

* We got in some MeWithoutYou represses, a bunch of Pirates Press vinyl, and a bunch of longshot records titles.

* We will be posting a pre-order for Neko Case "the tigers have spoken" LP and a pre-order for the first pressing of Justin Townes Earle's "The Good Life" w/ a bonus CD of his "Yuma" ep.

* We just got in Screeching Weasel, Bananas, Pinhead Gunpowder, Off With Their Heads 2nd press, Monikers, Bear Vs Shark terrorhawk, Serius Geniuses, The Measure, Alkaline Trio remains repress (will post info on the colors), Ladytron and more. Will have lots of pre-orders going out this week.

* I just sent off all of the elements to get vinyl pressed for Dillinger Four, Avail, and The Falcon. I also got an email from Paul at Better Looking saying that he is sending me the artwork for The Jealous Sound along with masters. Should have that one off to the manufacturer soon.

We have a lot to announce in the coming weeks. Hold onto your hats, there are some really amazing things in the works.

Sparks, as in the half-alcohol, half-caffeine thing? How does anyone drink that shit?

Uh, yeah! Anyone who wants to double impact their internal organs. Honestly, it's not an everytime drink. In fact I don't think before this Sunday I hadn't had one since the fest. But when I have one I'm stoked on it.

And I was stoked that Thee Parkside sells Sparks. 40's FTW.

Sparks at Thee Parkside is what's up...

STRAIGHT UP! By the way, I don't know if I did or not but I apologize if I didn't seem focused or on topic. I was a little trashed by the time we talked. ;)

Sparks at Thee Parkside is what's up...

STRAIGHT UP! By the way, I don't know if I did or not but I apologize if I didn't seem focused or on topic. I was a little trashed by the time we talked. ;)

All good brother, I was on a good one too. It was good to meet you though man.