SUPERMACHINER "Rise Of..." 2XLP Available Now!!!!

[image]

SUPERMACHINER "Rise Of The Great Machine" 2XLP

Available Now @ http://www.deathwishinc.com/estore/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=D&Product_Code=EVIL007v&Category_Code=FRNW

Supermachiner originally began as a collection of 4 track recordings by J. Bannon, recorded in 1994, just prior to him moving to Boston to attend college. The music was much different than Converge, having more in common with influences Swans, Bauhaus, and others. The project remained nameless and dormant for a number of years. With the help and inspiration of his good friend Ryan Parker (Daltonic, Black Spot, The Jaded Salingers), they casually brought the project back to life in the winter of 1998. With his input, they developed collective song ideas into the "Rise Of The Great Machine" album. J. Bannon structured the lyrical content around his feelings on the rise of technology and the death of the individual, making the project thematic in its content. They named the project "Supermachiner", a play on the term "Supermachinder" the compound word for Japanese Giant Robot Toys from the 1970's.

They entered the studio with Kurt Ballou (Converge) in the winter of 1999. During the sessions, Kurt contributed a great deal to the album material both as an engineer and musician. The original "Rise Of The Great Machine" CD was released by the Undecided label in 2000 (now out of print). After the album was released future projects were planned but never materialized.

A collection of all existing Supermachiner recordings will be released on Deathwish at some point as a multiple CD release titled "Rust". In the meantime, the E-Vinyl label in France has released a one time pressing of the original "Rise Of The Great Machine" album, as a deluxe 2XLP, limited to 1000 copies. The DW Estore is the only importer of this title in North America.

i already got all 3 colours from e-vinyl france yesterday.

i very appreciated in vinyl quality but the quality of paper which printed for gatefold is lower quality than i expected.

anyway, nicolas at e-vinyl will service you as best as he can.

don't worry for order oversea if deathwish or robotic empire won't carry coloured vinyl....

:)

i very appreciated in vinyl quality but the quality of paper which printed for gatefold is lower quality than i expected.

agreed. i also have the souvenirs young america LP they did and the quality of the sleeve is average as well.

oh well, at least the vinyl sound great!

The colored versions should be here any day now in the DW Estore. 60 of them will be colored variations.

Gatefold quality:

As the artist, I am also a bit let down by that. The submitted artwork was also set up to by printed using two metallic Pantones, not purely black. Things like that can be a bit discouraging. Lesson learned I suppose. Anything worth doing is worth doing right, and in most cases, done yourself. That is why we have Deathwish after all.

All in all, I am content with the release, and happy that it has finally surfaced on the format regardless. Thanks to everyone who has purchased it so far.

-J.

Gatefold quality:

As the artist, I am also a bit let down by that. The submitted artwork was also set up to by printed using two metallic Pantones, not purely black. Things like that can be a bit discouraging. Lesson learned I suppose. Anything worth doing is worth doing right, and in most cases, done yourself. That is why we have Deathwish after all.

all of my supermachiner records came with big bent edge and i'm okay with 'em because i know how far from france to here.

as the art student,i get what you mean.

i think i love packaging design of cd format more than lp.

and i never disappoint in your label items,j....

Thanks everyone.

I certainly don't want to make it seem as if it's printed on notebook paper, it's just not the quality that I would have preferred.

In any case, I am happy that the release has finally seen the light of day.

I plan to finish compiling the "Rust" collection by Halloween, so look for that CD release to surface at some point.

-J.

i would just clarify that the quality of the sleeve aint BAD as such, i was just expecting a heavier card stock to be used. its kinda similar stock to the major label vinyl releases that i own. my copy is in perfect condition, no folds or creases or anything, the grey vinyl is nice and deep & heavy too, so i'm pretty stoked with the whole thing. just would have been perfection personified with heavy card stock. and maybe the album artist and title printed on the spine too.