NHL Discussion

The only guys left who are sure to be moved are kipprusof, ppmmenville & ribero. Will be interesting to see if van actually moves Luongo

Honestly, idk why NJ doesnt trade for him. They really could use him. They dont really have a goaltender capable of taking the lead after Broduer leaves. I expect them to trade for a goalie either the next day or 2, or the summer.

Honestly, idk why NJ doesnt trade for him. They really could use him. They dont really have a goaltender capable of taking the lead after Broduer leaves. I expect them to trade for a goalie either the next day or 2, or the summer.

Just when I thought you were at the absolute edge of ridiculousness, you come up with this gem. Bravo Matt. Eklund has nothing on you.

The Devils have two goalies under contract for next season. They didn't do that for fun, they did that because they've accepted the fact that those goalies need to carry the load for at least one more season beyond this one (and because neither knew if there would even be a season this year). 

The team has 2 1/2 solid goaltending prospects right now in Wedgewood, Kincaid, and Clermont. The odds are in the favor of Scott Wedgewood being the heir apparent to Brodeur, for better or for worse: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/scott_wedgewood/

WHY they would take Luongo's massive contract with its length and cap hit is beyond even a reasonable hypothesis. But with that logic Matt, I'm surprised you aren't Sather's assistant!

Just when I thought you were at the absolute edge of ridiculousness, you come up with this gem. Bravo Matt. Eklund has nothing on you.

The Devils have two goalies under contract for next season. They didn't do that for fun, they did that because they've accepted the fact that those goalies need to carry the load for at least one more season beyond this one (and because neither knew if there would even be a season this year). 

The team has 2 1/2 solid goaltending prospects right now in Wedgewood, Kincaid, and Clermont. The odds are in the favor of Scott Wedgewood being the heir apparent to Brodeur, for better or for worse: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/scott_wedgewood/

WHY they would take Luongo's massive contract with its length and cap hit is beyond even a reasonable hypothesis. But with that logic Matt, I'm surprised you aren't Sather's assistant!

Shut up! As a Canucks fan, let me dream!

I think NJ has their eyes on Bernier in the off season.

Telling yah man, Bernier.

Telling yah man, Bernier.

That's slightly more reasonable than thinking Luongo goes to NJ, but I still think the Devils hold off to see how the prospects develop. There is no urgency for a goalie, this team can't score goals. 

Shut up! As a Canucks fan, let me dream!

You'll still get rid of him somehow.

e2

no, i have no idea where he's hearing the rumors, on twitter or something, and I dont really follow many nhl analyst people on there.

thats the only place ive seen that rumor, if you want here is a list i made on twitter that has a lot of good hockey analyst (of course there is the occasional rumor mongerer for funsies as well)

https://twitter.com/ianrees/hockey

oh yeah, Van re-signs Higgens to a 4 year extension.

Because why not? Yeah he has a huge contract, but you're getting a good goaltender for that price. A guy who could help win more games than Broduer and Moose right now. Yeah they have 2 goalies on contract, so does Vancouver, doesnt mean both of them are going to stay there man. Even Dregger was talking about NJ trying to trade for a goalie.