Your most prized piece of vinyl...

Definitely Bad Religion - Into The Unknown. I wanted to get my hands on this for years, and I was ecstatic when I finally did. I also have Converge's very first 7". Hehe, it's not the best work, but it's still great to have!

Wow..I bet you paid a pretty penny for Into the Unknown. I'd love to have it.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't they all prized anyways?

Mine would have to be:

Heather Frith (Nova) - These Walls ep 12"

Not a very widely knowing musician but I have been a fan of hers for a long time. This was her first recording released before she changed her last name to Nova. It took a long time to track down a copy but I was able to get it from another hardcore fan. Vinyl releases are very, very, few which is one of the reasons it makes this one very special to me. Plus her fans (including myself) tend to pretty hardcore and over-the-top when it comes to collecting her stuff.

[image]

i love all of my records, however here are a few that quickly come to mind:

shai hulud - hearts once nourished [blood red]

boris - vein [12 track]

old man gloom - christmas [personalized test press/50]

converge - jane doe [clear]

at the gates - slaughter of the soul [gold]

american nightmare - background music [clear]

Mine would have to be the FIRST Jimmy Eat World release, "1, 2, 3, 4..." EP (7 inch on black).

It was the very first thing they released according to their discography. Not even sure about the pressing info...

Holy shit, I am mondo jealous. Would you be interested in trading/selling it?

Scott, I'd love to help you out dude, but I really can't part with it. It's definitely the best thing I have going in my collection right now. I also have the first Promise Ring 7" on Forthright Records. That would be a close second. I can't get over that era...

whoa, back from the grave...

i think my most prized record is also my Facetious Folly Feat test. but i'm also pretty proud of blink-182 - They Came To Conquer Uranus on blue... it was my first encounter with vinyl AND colored vinyl, so it just got the ball rolling. also Kid Dynamite's Shorter Faster Louder and Jawbreaker's Dear You (DGC press) take the cake for best looking records.

Dear You is probably one of my most favorite pieces of wax, though...

Mine would have to be the FIRST Jimmy Eat World release, "1, 2, 3, 4..." EP (7 inch on black).

It was the very first thing they released according to their discography. Not even sure about the pressing info...

Holy shit, I am mondo jealous. Would you be interested in trading/selling it?

ooh i've got that. signed. ;)

[image]

ryan adams - love is hell double 10". promo copy with the sticker over the barcode!

just got it too... *excitement

How much did you pay for that, if you don't mind me asking?

no i dont mind... i didnt pay for it, i got it as a gift. a few people went together and got it for me... im assuming it was around 100 bucks though cause thats what they usually go for

Definitely Bad Religion - Into The Unknown. I wanted to get my hands on this for years, and I was ecstatic when I finally did. I also have Converge's very first 7". Hehe, it's not the best work, but it's still great to have!

Wow..I bet you paid a pretty penny for Into the Unknown. I'd love to have it.

Saved up for a year and jumped on one on eBay that still had the shrinkwrap on it. I think it cost me just uder $200, but it was totally worth it for me. I was like a schoolgirl when it arrived in the mail!

Guest scriptedrain
My copy of Death From Above (pre-1979) - Heads Up! on clear vinyl, limited to 200, on Ache. I bought this from Andy Ache the day it came out (and way before this band made it big).

Damn. That is awesome.

Guest scriptedrain
Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon on clear /300

The one I don't have to complete my BN collection...

So would that be your... clear whale?

Oh, I crack myself up.

There are things I have that are probably more rare or valueable (1st pressing of Op.IV's "Hectic" 7", Original Barcoded Deja Entendu, etc.), but probably my most prized piece is more for sentimental value.

On my first trip out to California a few years ago I was on a big Lifetime kick (still am, really) and I was looking around for a copy of "Jersey's Best Dancers". I checked like every record store for it and in the very last store I checked before heading home to the cold of Canada, I found a copy for A DOLLAR. I would have easily payed 20 or 30 times that much at that point.

I've never taken the price sticker off. I've since bought better copies (on red), but that one is still my favorite because it was such a cool find.

Probably this, it's a Portland Edition of Poison Idea's Kings of Punk LP, with all four posters and it also comes with a super rare lyric booklet, probably only 15 originally made. It's truly one of a kind. It was given to me by a friend who use to be friends with all those guys in Poison Idea. That makes it special

[image]

These are pretty nice too though

[image]