Your most prized piece of vinyl...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest falloutcollapse

i don't have that many records yet (being 15 with no job and not much money sucks) but i think mine would be the first one i got, cassadaga by bright eyes 2xlp 180g

i don't have that many records yet (being 15 with no job and not much money sucks) but i think mine would be the first one i got, cassadaga by bright eyes 2xlp 180g

I have that record too. Its really annoying when a double LP is put out but its not accompanied with a gatefold jacket. Putting them both in one sleeve is pretty annoying, not to mention tacky.

I just joined the board today and I figured this is an appropriate place to start. Anyways.

I'd say a short list of my favorites would be:

Reggie and the Full Effect - Inside the Dust Sleeve LP ("Under the Tray")

I got this at an in-store appearance with a nifty poster. I got the two signed and he wrote/drew ridiculous things on them. It was a great night.

Saves the Day - In Reverie

It's just signed, and it looks pretty in a display frame.

The Get Up Kids - Woodson 7" (/2000)

This is just a rather rare vinyl from one of my favorite bands. I'm glad to have one.

Guest conoley

The Get Up Kids - Woodson 7" (/2000)

This is just a rather rare vinyl from one of my favorite bands. I'm glad to have one.

Nice!

mmmmm very tough one

i would say either my rancid 2000 (Only 200 Signed (lmtd. edition 1218/1500 on 180 gram vinyl)

or my rancid sick sick world on blue (limited to 200)

or my devils brigade s/t 12"(Clear Red Vinyl / 203 of 775)

my most limited thing i own though is:

Less Than Jake Losing Streak b/w Mixology of Tom Collins 5"(4th pressing: black w/ no label LIMITED to 9 (1st pressing leftovers))

Gold/blue splotchy Reinventing Axl Rose - Against Me! 1/1

its the only one so it takes the cake

really!?!?

everyone has always wondered who owns that one

did you get it on ebay?

yeah it lives in Perth, australia. bought it from the owner of no idea. And that record that flood was talking bout that got lost in the mail was supposed to be coming to me. only 2 in the world but 1 lost in a post office somewhere

• 4 months later...

1. Cave In "Until Your Heart Stops" Tour edition 2xLP. This one is important to me because I was supposed to see them play in Denver, but their van broke down. They came through the next day and left a couple of copies of the tour edition LP.

2. Coalesce "Functioning on Impatience" turquoise swirl

3. Dillinger Escape Plan "Calculating Infinity" on that puke color

4. The complete "In These Black Days" series of 7"s on Hydra Head

I had, and sold:

Botch "Romans" blue/orange

Isis "Sawblade"

Converge "Jane Doe" rootbeer float

Converge "Serial Killer/Downpour" 5" white (245/1,000)

I regret the hell out of selling those records, but in the end they collectively netted me like $450 or something.

I'm most sad about letting that Botch record go - maybe my favorite album ever.

probably my common rider - thief in a sleeping town 7", because i just started going to shows (this was like 4-5 years ago, common rider and lawrence arms on the take action tour) and i got to meet jesse and get it signed by him and lumley, and i just bought it because it looked cool, i finally listened to it when i got a record player about 6 months ago, and i didn't even know i'd be into collecting vinyl someday.

Mine would have to be the FIRST Jimmy Eat World release, "1, 2, 3, 4..." EP (7 inch on black).

It was the very first thing they released according to their discography. Not even sure about the pressing info...

Holy shit, I am mondo jealous. Would you be interested in trading/selling it?