Your most prized piece of vinyl...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got into record collecting, and I'm a college student so I don't have a whole lotta income to spend on records at the moment. Monetarily speaking, my most prized record is the Gorilla Biscuits reunion tour 7" out of 1000. The big deal was that the band only sold around 20 or 30 on each stop of the tour, and rumor has it that the merch was judgmental about who he sold the record to.

Numerically speaking, it's either my This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb "Front Seat Solidarity" purple 12" out of 40, or my Hollywood "We're Starving Artists" record release 7" that hand numbered # 39/40.

Personally, It's probably the Q and Not U 'X-Polynation' 7" I have. It's not rare, but it's the first record I ever bought. I bought it 2 years ago with saved up lunch money. I was so happy, I played it over and over again whenever my parents weren't home (I didn't have my own record player at the time). Same goes for my The Pink Spider "...Are Taking Over!" 12". They're from my hometown, so I just found this in a local indie store. It was the first full album I ever bought on vinyl. I've played the shit out of that record. I only recently noticed that it's hand numbered out of 500... DO'H!

I've kind of gotten suckered into Fucked Up's rare record gimmick. I fucking love the band, but collecting their shit is expensive!

ryan adams - love is hell double 10". promo copy with the sticker over the barcode!

just got it too... *excitement

Dang, Ryan Adams is my favourite artist, and I NEED that shit!

I wouldn't say this is my most prized piece of vinyl, but I have Down To Nothing 'Splitting Headache' on double coloured 7", and hand numbered 46/125,which is pretty awesome. Also, the Genghis Tron Cloak of Love 10" picture disc, that looks insane when it's spinning at 45!

I don't have pictures but my most prized record is a copy of Thursday's Full Collapse. I have two copies of the original pressing w/ silk-screened covers. One is clear but it has a black streak in it from the machine being dirty /200 and the other is Bluish Splatter /300. I bought them both directly from Victory's distro when they were first released for something ridiculous like $8 each. I was able to get the band to sign the clear copy at a show in Toledo (before their tour with saves the day when they blew up). I had everyone's signature except for Geoff's because he was in the bathroom at the time. I felt kind of stupid for asking... but immediately after he left the bathroom I'm all in his face... HEY SIGN THIS RECORD. Anyways, I caught him so off guard that he wrote this on the cover of the album:

"Thanks for witnessed my special moment. Geoff Rickly"

Kind of silly considering he was an English major in college.

2nd place would go to my copy of Hum's Downward is Heavenward on clear blue released on the band's label, Martians Go Home. Not sure how many were pressed. Got it for $50 on eBay when someone who worked for Parasol mail-order (from the band's hometown) was liquidating all the copies he had left.

I don't have pictures but my most prized record is a copy of Thursday's Full Collapse. I have two copies of the original pressing w/ silk-screened covers. One is clear but it has a black streak in it from the machine being dirty /200 and the other is Bluish Splatter /300. I bought them both directly from Victory's distro when they were first released for something ridiculous like $8 each. I was able to get the band to sign the clear copy at a show in Toledo (before their tour with saves the day when they blew up). I had everyone's signature except for Geoff's because he was in the bathroom at the time. I felt kind of stupid for asking... but immediately after he left the bathroom I'm all in his face... HEY SIGN THIS RECORD. Anyways, I caught him so off guard that he wrote this on the cover of the album:

"Thanks for witnessed my special moment. Geoff Rickly"

Kind of silly considering he was an English major in college.

V would be jealous