Welcome to the Great Depression

i wouldnt keep it in a bank either! if you are going to have a mass amount of savings id keep it in cash in a safety deposit box somewhere or in a shoebox under my bed

Except anything under $100K is FDIC insured...

i'm canadian i dont know what FDIC is... im guessing some federal department of currency of some type, but if worse comes to worse anybodys money in a bank can be used... im not one of those bank phobic people but shit is getting bad and who knows what might happen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except anything under $100K is FDIC insured...

i'm canadian i dont know what FDIC is... im guessing some federal department of currency of some type, but if worse comes to worse anybodys money in a bank can be used... im not one of those bank phobic people but shit is getting bad and who knows what might happen

People making a run on the banks would be very, very bad. That's what caused the great depression in part and spurred the creation of the FDIC.

things are pretty shitty right now but people need to calm down a bit and realize that this isn't the first time the economy has gone down hill.

exactly. its like none of you remember the 1987 crash, which is kinda similar in todays situation, you just replace the liquidity of stocks from the 1987 crash with the liquidity of sub prime mortgages in todays crash. either way, all this does is weed out the bad legs of the economy and when it rebuilds itself back up, like it always has, safegaurds against these crashes are put in place.

things are pretty shitty right now but people need to calm down a bit and realize that this isn't the first time the economy has gone down hill.

exactly. its like none of you remember the 1987 crash, which is kinda similar in todays situation, you just replace the liquidity of stocks from the 1987 crash with the liquidity of sub prime mortgages in todays crash. either way, all this does is weed out the bad legs of the economy and when it rebuilds itself back up, like it always has, safegaurds against these crashes are put in place.

yeah, like fannie mae and freddie mac

fuck these asshole making money off heading failing companies...

"the company's [WaMu] new chief executive, Alan H. Fishman, who has been on the job for less than three weeks, is eligible for $11.6 million in cash severance and will get to keep his $7.5 million signing bonus, according to an analysis by James F. Reda and Associates. WaMu was not immediately available for comment."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/business/26wamu.html?hp

fuck these asshole making money off heading failing companies...

"the company's [WaMu] new chief executive, Alan H. Fishman, who has been on the job for less than three weeks, is eligible for $11.6 million in cash severance and will get to keep his $7.5 million signing bonus, according to an analysis by James F. Reda and Associates. WaMu was not immediately available for comment."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/business/26wamu.html?hp

Be pissed at Kerry Killinger then... he's the one who drove WaMu into the ground, not Fishman.

yeah, i understand this, but should bro really be entitled to $11.6 million in severance for three weeks of work, after already getting a $7.5 mil signing bonus? im just imagining what guys who have CEO'd for years are going to have worked out.

i remember when some guy got fired from Home Depot and got $500,000!!! i mean come the fuck on!

People making a run on the banks would be very, very bad. That's what caused the great depression in part and spurred the creation of the FDIC.

It is starting to happen. My wife works at a bank and her branch had a massive influx of people pulling money yesterday. Crazy shit.

yeah, i understand this, but should bro really be entitled to $11.6 million in severance for three weeks of work, after already getting a $7.5 mil signing bonus? im just imagining what guys who have CEO'd for years are going to have worked out.

i remember when some guy got fired from Home Depot and got $500,000!!! i mean come the fuck on!

yeah, he should be entitled to it, because he was offered that to take the job, its not his fault they're falling apart. If you were told you'd get paid x amount of dollars to work a job only to find out 3 weeks in it was falling apart, would you really give the money back? I highly doubt it.

It is starting to happen. My wife works at a bank and her branch had a massive influx of people pulling money yesterday. Crazy shit.

People are so ill-informed it's scary. This largely contributed to the timing of the WaMu failure too -- customers pulled something like $16.7B over the last several weeks.