Welcome to the Great Depression

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seriously going to try and talk my lady into moving into the extra bedroom at my folks house. We need to save money if we're going to move to Chicago, and as lame as it sounds to live w/ your folks and your fiancee, I'm pretty sure this is the only way it's going to happen.

I wouldn't think it's lame at all. I mean, I live at home, so maybe I'm the wrong person to judge the scenario, but I'm saving money right now and it's great. Also, w/ the question mark that is our economy it'd be much safer for you to pull that move rather than seriously jeopardize your financials, long term and short term.

Guest baseball

I'm just looking forward to the housing market to slow to an even more extreme crawl. Then I'm going to buy a house on the super cheap and watch it appreciate in value long-term, shazam!

Seriously though, I feel so grateful right now that I work for a company in the financial industry that isn't run by a bunch of assholes riding out on golden parachutes. My company stock was up as much as 20% at times last week, which I have to assume is because people are looking at the company and seeing that it didn't engage in any kind of reckless behavior and bringing their money on over.

I'm seriously going to try and talk my lady into moving into the extra bedroom at my folks house. We need to save money if we're going to move to Chicago, and as lame as it sounds to live w/ your folks and your fiancee, I'm pretty sure this is the only way it's going to happen.

not lame at all. me and my girlfriend are thinking about moving back in with my parents for a while so we can save up some money to buy a place rather than keep on renting.

not lame at all. me and my girlfriend are thinking about moving back in with my parents for a while so we can save up some money to buy a place rather than keep on renting.

with the eminent housing crash (we haven't seen the worst of it yet) in a few months you're gonna probably have a chance to buy something nice for cheap.

I was planning on moving out soon.

I'm thinking I should hold off and just keep saving money.

This is a bad decision, and will only drag the housing bust/recession on longer. If you have a steady job and make enough money to support a mortgage, you should buy a house, especially now, because they are so cheap. We enter recessions when people retreat financially.

with the eminent housing crash (we haven't seen the worst of it yet) in a few months you're gonna probably have a chance to buy something nice for cheap.

i'm in canada. i don't think we're on the same housing trend as you guys in the states. housing around here (the GTA) has actually been in a bit of a boom as of late and prices are going through the roof.

I was planning on moving out soon.

I'm thinking I should hold off and just keep saving money.

This is a bad decision, and will only drag the housing bust/recession on longer. If you have a steady job and make enough money to support a mortgage, you should buy a house, especially now, because they are so cheap. We enter recessions when people retreat financially.

Mostly true, you just have to find a bank with money to lend you to buy a house.

i'm in canada. i don't think we're on the same housing trend as you guys in the states. housing around here (the GTA) has actually been in a bit of a boom as of late and prices are going through the roof.

not so much anymore. things are starting to slow down in toronto and the surrounding area.

Mostly true, you just have to find a bank with money to lend you to buy a house.

This is not difficult at all, provided you have a steady job and good credit.

steady job and good credit isnt gonna guarantee you a house loan at this point...lenders/banks are hesitant at this point to loan the money, and if they do its at crazy rates...i know from first hand expereince from a relative just days ago

Banks don't have money so its not too easy to find a bank that'll lend you money. Businesses are suffering as well, regardless of credit because they can't find banks to get a business loan.