and now for a haymaker

it'll get the mainstream media talking about it though, that was the point. this will drive the new cycle tomorrow in a way that the mccain campaign doesn't want. finally it's him doing it and not mccain. the gop have been masters at throwing shit against a wall and hoping some sticks, which thanks to the media it almost always does. finally obama is doing it, and this time with real substance to back it up.

I liked Obama more before he started running so many negative ads. It's sad that his campaign feels they have to stoop to GOP-like tactics like this.

the shit works. look at gore and kerry. they wouldn't respond or go negative and both lost their leads and the elections. obama isn't about to let that happen, and he's actually gained a lot since the conventions and is now in a position to win it all. however if people start thinking he's a terrorist again, he looses all that he's gained. instead, change the story on a monday at the start of the news cycle and keep the aires shit off the news. brilliant move on their part.

I liked Obama more before he started running so many negative ads. It's sad that his campaign feels they have to stoop to GOP-like tactics like this.

what the fuck are you talking about? he's run one of the nicest campaigns in history. most of his "attacks" are pointing out that his opponents are blatantly bragging about lying about him. show me one unfair attack he's made. jebus. this is why the left sucks. we dont like it when people like olbermann make it big and we wring our hands when our candidates make honest attacks, while the right has none of these problems.

fuck being nice. thats why we had 8 years of captain wackjob in the whitehouse.

i wanna see them make Palin break down crying. I want them to get McCain to admit that being shot down and captured by an army in country that doesnt have indoor plumbing is not the knowledge of how to win a war (yeah we lost that one Johnny boy.. )

gloves off dudes... i want scott vogel kicking off democratic rallies...

I wish would Joe Biden to start eating people.

I really want a President that tells someone to fuck off, because then I know he's a real person. I don't want some pretentious asshole pretending he's "a regular Joe Sixpack" or anything. I want someone who really does act like a legitimate person, but can prove they have the intelligence to run a country. The world's a tough place, I don't want someone who knows how to be polite and appear to be the good guy to everyone, I want someone who can deal with the stress and make the right decision, no matter what his public image is afterwards. It'll never happen, but that's what I want.

To connect it to this, I don't care if one candidate runs over and kicks the other in the balls, I want them to really want to win.

agree with all 3 above. fuck being nice. it doesn't get you laid, it doesn't win games, and it doesn't win in politics. that has been the lefts problem for years. embrace our most vocal jackasses and spread the truth about assclowns like mccain. after these last 8 years, if you're seriously bitching about a negative campaign you need your fucking head checked out. i've had enough of the republican shit and don't want to see them stand any chance of winning this time.

I wish would Joe Biden to start eating people.

I really want a President that tells someone to fuck off, because then I know he's a real person. I don't want some pretentious asshole pretending he's "a regular Joe Sixpack" or anything. I want someone who really does act like a legitimate person, but can prove they have the intelligence to run a country. The world's a tough place, I don't want someone who knows how to be polite and appear to be the good guy to everyone, I want someone who can deal with the stress and make the right decision, no matter what his public image is afterwards. It'll never happen, but that's what I want.

To connect it to this, I don't care if one candidate runs over and kicks the other in the balls, I want them to really want to win.

Problem is, telling Putin to "fuck off" won't be in anyone's best interest. A president needs restraint in the face of an aggressor.

This wont do anything to keep people from not voting Mccain, seriously. People sucks, Mccain will win the election, nothng can be done to stop it, etc etc.
this isn't going to happen this year. He leads in every poll, even on fox, by at least eight points. And this is after Palin proved she could talk in a steady stream of consciousness and not royally fuck up reading a card. McCain is using stories that have already been through the "news cycle" as someone already put it, and people are going to be bored and uninterested. It was interesting when Hillary tried to use it because it was so intense a fight. Now, people have opened their eyes and realized this isn't about people you have met in the past, its about actually running a country that is loosing footing, and McCain can't do that.

what the fuck are you talking about? he's run one of the nicest campaigns in history. most of his "attacks" are pointing out that his opponents are blatantly bragging about lying about him. show me one unfair attack he's made. jebus. this is why the left sucks. we dont like it when people like olbermann make it big and we wring our hands when our candidates make honest attacks, while the right has none of these problems.

Just look at factcheck.org. Obama has made many negative misleading ads about McCain.

Just look at factcheck.org. Obama has made many negative misleading ads about McCain.

Factcheck.org is totally non-partisan. However, if you actually look over the pieces of information Obama has "mis-lead" about its far less ridiculous than McCain's flat out lies. I mean McCain has said Obama wants to teach sex-ed to kindergartners. Totally bat-shit crazy.

I did a few brief searches, but nothing really popped out at me. Could you please provide a few links. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Factcheck.org is totally non-partisan. However, if you actually look over the pieces of information Obama has "mis-lead" about its far less ridiculous than McCain's flat out lies. I mean McCain has said Obama wants to teach sex-ed to kindergartners. Totally bat-shit crazy.

Yes, McCain is more ridiculous, but with Obama talking about change all the time it would have been nice to see a politician run a 100% truthful campaign for once.

I did a few brief searches, but nothing really popped out at me. Could you please provide a few links. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

There are three on the main page alone. It doesn't take any searching at all.

Yes, McCain is more ridiculous, but with Obama talking about change all the time it would have been nice to see a politician run a 100% truthful campaign for once.

I agree it would but talk to the people who buy in to the negative campaign. Data still shows it works, which means it has to be fight fire with fire.

I saw a few lies, but I didn't see anything on pair w/ "OMFG OBAMA CHILLZ WIF TERRORISTS!!!"

wow. he pointed out that mccain opposed some forms of stem cell research. true. too broad? yeah a bit, but calling it a lie is overkill and its nowhere near a dirty attack.

wow he pointed out that mccain has supported tax loop holes for companies that send jobs overseas, but his campaign was wrong in the particular instance involved in the add. poor research, but not dirty since the fact that mccain supports tax breaks for companies that send jobs over seas is true.

wow he... oh wait. that last add is totally true and factcheck has their heads up their asses. he said he wanted to invest SS in the stock market, which is true. even if it were in a few government controlled stocks its still in the stockmarket and a crap shoot. i'm sorry but the fact that factcheck has to reach to nail obama on anything while they can just call bullshit on 90% of mccains ad's tells you about the kind of campaigns we're talking about. a tiny amount of barely unfair attacks vs a blitzkreg of lies. man obama sure is running dirty!