Show your hardware!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i'd rather buy records than expensive as set-ups.

nothing personal. to each his own

That's sorta like when people put $15,000 worth of rims on a $2,000 car. ???

ha i guess,

a middle o the line player does the trick for me though.

leaves me more time to listen to music. and less time thinking about if my set up was right.

That's sorta like when people put $15,000 worth of rims on a $2,000 car. ???

ha i guess,

leaves me more time to listen to music. and less time thinking about if my set up was right.

Actually, I have a low end table (in relative terms). What's the point of more record only to have them sound subpar?

ha i guess,

Actually, I have a low end table (in relative terms). What's the point of more record only to have them sound subpar?

you'd rather have little music at great quality than tons of music at lower quality? c'mon!

until i started working at a stereo store I didn't care about my setup...

That has totally changed now...

With the right equipment the music you listen to totally changes...

Right now my player is broken, So I use my roommates Sumiko PRO-JECT, through an Integra Receiver, With Paradigm Speakers, MIT Interconnects and a Furman Power Conditioner.

Come the new year i will purchase.

Sumiko PRO-JECT RM-5, The Sumiko Blue Point Special Cartridge, The Sumiko THE PHONO BOX II, The Sumiko THE SPEED BOX II, A Rotel RX-1052S stereo receiver, MIT AVT interconnects and Speaker Cables, and a Furman ELITE15PFi power conditioner...

I'm still up in the air on the speakers i'm going to get... Its either B&W or DynAudio...

I can't wait to get out of college and start making some money so I can afford a set up as nice as yours martin. Some pretty nice stuff you've got there. I've just got a Stanton t90 turntable through a fairly low grade speakers. I have a really ridiculously nice Peavey PA speakers, but they would be a little ridiculous sitting in the middle of my apartment.

I can't wait to get out of college and start making some money so I can afford a set up as nice as yours martin. Some pretty nice stuff you've got there. I've just got a Stanton t90 turntable through a fairly low grade speakers. I have a really ridiculously nice Peavey PA speakers, but they would be a little ridiculous sitting in the middle of my apartment.

Upgrade a little at a time. Your stereo doesn't have enough wattage to push two PA speakers, plus you wouldn't it to.

I would. You really don't know what you're missing until you hear it.

It really is a different experience...

My passion for listening to recorded music was pretty much dead when my guitar amp tech let me hear his little single ended tube stereo he had boarded in his basement. With a Discman as input fed into fleamarket speakers, it made my head spin. It was so lush and 3D. I had never heard recorded music like that. Every music lover should get that chance.

Upgrade a little at a time. Your stereo doesn't have enough wattage to push two PA speakers, plus you wouldn't it to.

Yeah, I know. I've got a 1400 watt power amp that works wonders, through a mackie mixer. I've hooked it all up a couple times just for fun, but its not a home set up. It's perfect for putting on shows and doing DJing gigs though.

Guest scriptedrain
I have an Ion USB turntable bootleggedly set up on crappy speakers. That's fine for now, but when I'm all done with school I'm planning on getting some nice speakers and a real nice setup.

Same here, although it's not our main setup, it's just in "my" little space in our bedroom.

It really is a different experience...

My passion for listening to recorded music was pretty much dead when my guitar amp tech let me hear his little single ended tube stereo he had boarded in his basement. With a Discman as input fed into fleamarket speakers, it made my head spin. It was so lush and 3D. I had never heard recorded music like that. Every music lover should get that chance.

One of the greatest experience i had listening to Music is at work...

A full McIntosh stack

MCD1000, MDA1000, C46 Preamp, MC1201s

and B&W loudspeakers

800Ds

BLEW MY MIND

Kenwood KD-492F Turntable

Yamaha HTR-5840 Reciever http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=200021

Klipsch SF1 Floorstanding speakers http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/sf-1.aspx

I know I need to upgrade the turntable, but I honestly think it sounds good as is.

Bang & Olufsen Beogram RX turntable (70's or 80s)

Harman/Kardon 730 Twin Powered receiver (70s)

Sansui 3-way floor speakers (60s)

I'll take pictures later after the camera battery is done charging. Anyway, I can't really afford a high-end setup but this stuff sounds really great as-is. I'll eventually start upgrading but at this point I'm more focused on my record collection.

you really have no idea what yer missing by listening to your records with a crappy setup. if you buy a solder gun you can get high end sound for a fraction of the cost by buying diy kits. or you can buy vintage stuff. my 100 dollar marantz receiver from the 70s sounds better than anything you can buy at best buy. id put my record collection up on that claim.