Daggermouth - Turf Wars/Questions/Insight Wanted

matt

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has truly been a labor of love for me. the ups and downs i have had with getting this record out are absurd at this point. im eternally grateful to the band for allowing me to be part of this. they are more or less responsible for me getting the wheels turning and deciding to do some sort of label.

last night when i got home to listen to the records i had this unbelieveable sense of being both overjoyed and nervous at the same time. by the time the first side was done i had this stupid smirk i couldnt wipe off my face. believe me when i say this, no one is more excited to see this out and see it through than me. getting this out has got me completely stoked.

thank you everyone for your patience thus far and your support. it means a lot to me.

so glad you got to do this man. i've been listening (reading?) to you talk about this project for over a year now. i'm really happy it's all coming together - i just hope that i can finally get my shit together!

<333333

why 100 test presses?

a combination of a few things. i really liked the aspect of making 100 records very very basic and have always loved the aesthetic of simple but still having that personal touch of things. im a sucker for screened covers and stamped labels and that whole style. i felt like this was a good way for satisfy that.

from the "label" and more so bidness side of things (fuck me for actually saying that since i think it sounds mighty douche-like)for all intensive purposes this band is done. thats not exactly an easy task to promote records for a defunct band. this was an economical way on my side to do some records but at the same time not lose my shirt in doing so.

lastly, i have never quite understood the whole test press phenomenon. i do like that i have kind of eliminated that in its own way by doing so many of these but at the same time for those folks who want a "test press" this is your chance. you can get one and not pay obscene amounts of cash. it really depends on how you want to look at this if you consider this a test. from the plants standpoint i never exactly did tests and this was just the order. pertty much i did something very risky and if these didnt sound good id be fucked.

i hope that makes some sense. i was wavering back and forth as to why i was doing this and what i should do. i like the decision i made and will stand by it. i know you didnt mean it as a dig on me or anything but this wasnt something i did to "gouge" an additional variant or something like that.

just know a lot of personal touch/time/detail/thought etc went into this and i hope that shows with this record. i hope this looks more homemade and not mass produced.

whats the problem youre having? you should have to confirm twice. once you put in the code on the site and then you should get an email where you click a link. im not too familiar with the site or mailing lists in general but i tried it out myself and it worked and i have gotten a few other sign ups so far.

How much does it cost to just have 100 tests made?

i just got charged for standard records from bill smith so they are a $1.10 each. obviously that doesnt include mastering or plating but its nothing more expensive than just getting standard records made.

whats the problem youre having with the email list? is it that you arent getting a confirmation?