re-press album that you want ?

I was just about to write the same thing. It's a little on the elitist side, but f**k, if you wanted a certain band's record, you should've been there instead of listening to Nickelback and Papa Roach.

Or in my case you couldn't legally get into Lucero shows. The idea that if you weren't there you were listening to bad music is f**king retarded. Lucero shows in my area were always 21+. Why should I never get to hear TMFW on wax just because I was too young? I mean nuts if I could afford a 140 for a single record I would, because that's one of my favorites but I freaking cant. Someday I'll have a big paying job, but until then it would be nice for "punks" to stop pregnant doging about the market value of their pieces and be happy that other people are enjoying an amazing record on vinyl. Screw collecting what about loving the music?

I'm with you, it's all about having the music on vinyl. The way vinyl appreciates is simply a bonus. Although it does allow me to check out bands that I've never heard and recoup at least my cost if I don't like it. (Which reminds me, I need to dump my red/blue Mastodon Blood Mountain LP. Ugh.) But like anything, if you look at something as an investment, there's always risks involved.

I was just about to write the same thing. It's a little on the elitist side, but f**k, if you wanted a certain band's record, you should've been there instead of listening to Nickelback and Papa Roach.

Or in my case you couldn't legally get into Lucero shows. The idea that if you weren't there you were listening to bad music is f**king retarded. Lucero shows in my area were always 21+. Why should I never get to hear TMFW on wax just because I was too young? I mean nuts if I could afford a 140 for a single record I would, because that's one of my favorites but I freaking cant. Someday I'll have a big paying job, but until then it would be nice for "punks" to stop pregnant doging about the market value of their pieces and be happy that other people are enjoying an amazing record on vinyl. Screw collecting what about loving the music?

Did it ever occur to you to go to down to the venue, find the band outside of it, tell them you were under 21 and offer to buy a copy on the spot?

I mean, shit -- I see your point to an extent, but it's not like 21+ shows have armed guards at every corner stopping underagers from stepping within 100 yards of the club. If you were a)a fan of the band, b)knew the album was out on LP and c)wanted it, you could've gotten it.

i agree with kyle 100%. there will always be a market for first/rare pressings and since vinyl collecting is growing at a huge rate there will be a market for represses of classic records. if hydrahead put out a repress of we are the romans tomorrow i would jump all over it, because i wasnt 'cool' enough to be into vinyl when it came out. would i still be jealous of the uber-punk who has a first pressing on blue/orange? hells yes. dont worry guys, you will always be cooler if you have an earlier/rarer press than the newjacks. jesus, get over it.

I really think someone should do a worthwhile release of The Shape Of Punk To Come, really give it the treatment it deserves. It's coming up on it's 10th anniversary.... why not give it a nice double 180 gram gatefold release?

Also, Jimmy Eat World Clarity. One of my all time favorite albums, OOP before I really started collecting vinyl.

ay-friggin-men...

Did it ever occur to you to go to down to the venue, find the band outside of it, tell them you were under 21 and offer to buy a copy on the spot?

I mean, nuts -- I see your point to an extent, but it's not like 21+ shows have armed guards at every corner stopping underagers from stepping within 100 yards of the club. If you were a)a fan of the band, b)knew the album was out on LP and c)wanted it, you could've gotten it.

Totally true. However getting your folks to drive you two hours to the nearest show so you could wait outside of the venue, get a copy and then drive back without going in isn't really going to happen. As for mail order, I was strictly cash, and interpunk and all the other distros/stores i found it in only took credit. Living in a small town at 15-16 blows, but it blows more if you're a vinyl nerd.