Alk3/Thrice in Austin/Houston rescheduled shows

I'll just cut and paste what I wrote on altpress.com because I'm lazy. Anyone here gonna go? That Red 7 show would be so much fun, that venue is tiny as hell.

Rise Against have been forced to cancel tonight's show in Austin and tomorrow's show in Houston due to illness on the part of singer Tim McIlrath. However, in true "The Show Must Go On" fashion, support acts Alkaline Trio and Thrice have booked themselves at new venues in both cities for the same date. Detailed information on each show is below. Once again, the following shows are Alkaline Trio and Thrice only:

10/26 @ Red 7

611 E 7th St.(corner of 7th and red river)

Austin TX

6:00 p.m doors, $18

10/27 @ House of Blues

1204 Caroline Street

Houston, TX 77002

6:30 p.m. doors, $16

yea, i heard about this last night... i was pissed, because i ordered my tickets around an hour before i saw that they had canceled. Now i have to wait for a refund. I personally wanted to see Gaslight Anthem, so im kinda bummed. This is gonna be a really good show though. I think Red 7 only can pull in around 300 outside and even less inside. So it'll be memorable to say the least.

is Red7 the venue where, like, you walk in from the street and walk all the way through the bar and comes out the back w/ the staged area that is kind of covered and the little ditch/creek behind it?

That actually describes a few places.. but i think you are thinking of RED EYE FLY though.

Eric: Na, the show at MUSIC HALL got cancelled. The Red 7 SHow didn't end till around right before 10pm. I would have totally gone to one if that were the case. Now i have to wait till the next time they come around..damnit!!!

is Red7 the venue where, like, you walk in from the street and walk all the way through the bar and comes out the back w/ the staged area that is kind of covered and the little ditch/creek behind it?

You're thinking of the red eye fly.

yes, that's it...obviously different place...nevermind. Went there once for a SXSW showcase a couple years back and was thinking it was faaaaaaar too tiny for any show like this

You're thinking of the red eye fly.

yes, that's it...obviously different place...nevermind. Went there once for a SXSW showcase a couple years back and was thinking it was faaaaaaar too tiny for any show like this

Once Nirvana played a show in a club that size around the corner.... so anything's possible.

Once Nirvana played a show in a club that size around the corner.... so anything's possible.

which club?

which club?

Cannibal Club

Actually not relaly a gig at all. more like 2 songs...then that was it..... All i remember is it was after a show at Liberty Lunch. But to give you a idea of how small it is, imagine the front bar and stage at Red Eye Fly before you get to the hallway by the restrooms. or if you've viisited BEERLAND you'll get an idea.

which club?

Cannibal Club

Actually not relaly a gig at all. more like 2 songs...then that was it..... All i remember is it was after a show at Liberty Lunch. But to give you a idea of how small it is, imagine the front bar and stage at Red Eye Fly before you get to the hallway by the restrooms. or if you've viisited BEERLAND you'll get an idea.

that's just fuggin' wild man

Cannibal Club

that's just fuggin' wild man

you also have to remember it was super early 90's. Shit like that was common. Punk wasn't as huge as it is now. Everything was low key. I miss those days.

I was at the Austin show last night and being a big Thrice fan, being able to see them in such a small place and without a barricade was pretty sweet. Gaslight was good as always and Alkaline Trio had a pretty sweet set, as well. Fun show for sure.

Had gone to the Crime in Stereo/Polar Bear Club/Swellers/Broadway Calls show there the night before and that was outside (with about 20-25 people) and so I figured the Thrice/Alk3 show would be outside, too, but it was totally inside and it ruled.