a letter from 2012 (political/religious content!)

sonix

This would be funny if it wasn't so horrific.

I love how this person has all these awful things happening on the speculation that Obama will appoint this insane judges who will, in turn, run a mock.

Let's us not forget President Obama's 2010 law making anything good illegal. Now all we can do is have gay "marriage" and kill puppies.

I should know better than to read these things. They just make be angry. If someone could provide me with a rational argument as to why, given marriage rights for straight people, gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry, I'll become an evangelical.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about that, which doesn't necessarily mean anything. I think that with abortion there is a legitimate controversy as to whether an unborn baby is alive or not at what part of the pregnancy, and as to who's choice supercedes who's (ie. does the mother's choice of not wanting a baby take precedent over humanities natural survival instinct). What I mean is that you can have this discussion without religious rhetoric. When talking about gay marriage though, you have two kinds of people who are against it; those that are uncomfortable with gays and Religious "fundamentalists" (although certainly there are some people who are uncomfortable with gays yet accepting and Religious folks who are okay with it).

Basically I think if your only rationale is that "the Bible says so" then you have to shut your mouth, it has no place in law. Jesus never (please correct me if you know an instance) said anything against the law at the time. He talked about law and Caesar but never said he was wrong, and never challenged the law. Sometime around the Carter era Christians seemed to get involved at a level previously unseen, this has only multiplied over time, and gotten much worse.

And as for those who are just uncomfortable with it, they need to get over it. Those types of attitudes are cultural, depending on where the culture is at at the time. I think ultimately we can let Religious people say what they want because in ten years no matter who is elected, gay marriage will not only be legal but acceptable.

So I kept reading it and found something that I thought was interesting. During and prior to the Cold War Russia was rejecting all kinds of UN resolutions and they got a reputation for it. Now it's the US that rejects the vast majority of them. I don't remember statistics but it was something staggering the US rejects compared to everyone else. This has to do with things like our overseas conflicts and support of Israel. We reject so much stuff and this letter talks about how Russia rejects all this stuff because it's against Russia's interest and as America we claim to take some high ground although the UN was almost unanimously against the war.

Guest baseball

Hah! I loved that, thanks.

So much gold in here.

How the Supreme Court got taken over by liberals. How all the conservative talk show hosts were required to have an instant rebuttal from "liberal watchdog groups." How the pro-homosexual groups staged protests at every major bookstore chain demanding Christian literature be banned, followed by a massive computer attack on Amazon.com.

LOL

for all the fundamentalists who are against gay marriage: DON'T FUCKING GET GAY MARRIED. Problem solved.

i always thought this was such an easy solution, it's shocked me that nobody has come up with it before.

seriously, how ignorant are people?

Not to mention the fact that the phrase "DONT GET GAY MARRIED" is excellent. I wanna do me some gay marrying!