News about Postal Service LP2

AlexH.

Second album

On June 22, 2006, it was revealed that The Postal Service had begun work on a new album, though the specifics of the release date were ambiguous. Gibbard stated, "We're slowly starting. We're crawling right now, and whether that crawl turns into a walk remains to be seen. But we'll know more towards the end of the year. I've just been touring so much and trying to find time to make it happen and make our schedules line up." Tamborello added, "We're talking about wanting to finish an album by sometime next year, because we have to work with Death Cab's schedule and stuff. I definitely want to do another one."[2]

In August 2006, a purported demo from a new Postal Service album, The Importance of Being, appeared on the Internet. Tamborello dispelled rumors about the song having anything to do with Postal Service.[3]

On February 29, 2008, Spinner released an article stating that The Postal Service may not release a new album. Ben Gibbard stated, "Jimmy and I are still throwing ideas back and forth, but as time goes on, we find ourselves busy with our own music. ... We have some stuff, but it's been difficult to find the time and the drive to do the record. I'd love to finish it at some point and maybe even do some performances. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be."[4]

In May 2008, Gibbard stated that he and Tamborello were unlikely to release another album "before the end of the decade."[5]

What are we excited about there? The last update is 6 months old.

Second album

On June 22, 2006, it was revealed that The Postal Service had begun work on a new album, though the specifics of the release date were ambiguous. Gibbard stated, "We're slowly starting. We're crawling right now, and whether that crawl turns into a walk remains to be seen. But we'll know more towards the end of the year. I've just been touring so much and trying to find time to make it happen and make our schedules line up." Tamborello added, "We're talking about wanting to finish an album by sometime next year, because we have to work with Death Cab's schedule and stuff. I definitely want to do another one."[2]

In August 2006, a purported demo from a new Postal Service album, The Importance of Being, appeared on the Internet. Tamborello dispelled rumors about the song having anything to do with Postal Service.[3]

On February 29, 2008, Spinner released an article stating that The Postal Service may not release a new album. Ben Gibbard stated, "Jimmy and I are still throwing ideas back and forth, but as time goes on, we find ourselves busy with our own music. ... We have some stuff, but it's been difficult to find the time and the drive to do the record. I'd love to finish it at some point and maybe even do some performances. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be."[4]

In May 2008, Gibbard stated that he and Tamborello were unlikely to release another album "before the end of the decade."[5]

What are we excited about there? The last update is 6 months old.

There was a more recent update some time in October that is no longer there.

^yes. It said this:

In October 2008, Tamborello stated that the duo have roughly 6 PS songs completed. They have already sent out some tracks to Jenny Lewis. Tamborello states he hopes to have a new album out by the end of '09. Also in October 2008, the duo has completed one more song. Jenny Lewis has recorded vocals for it already as well. This means that they have about 7/12 songs completed for the new album. Things are starting to pick up pace due to the fact that Ben is almost done with his tour and Jimmy has finished Dumb Luck.

^yes. It said this:
In October 2008, Tamborello stated that the duo have roughly 6 PS songs completed. They have already sent out some tracks to Jenny Lewis. Tamborello states he hopes to have a new album out by the end of '09. Also in October 2008, the duo has completed one more song. Jenny Lewis has recorded vocals for it already as well. This means that they have about 7/12 songs completed for the new album. Things are starting to pick up pace due to the fact that Ben is almost done with his tour and Jimmy has finished Dumb Luck.

Makes me wonder if it was posted erroneously or was simply untrue. Only time will tell.