NBA Discussion

I dunno, I think a lot of it depends on how healthy Nash is. If he's healthy they could definitely make it back to the Finals for the West. He better be healthy though considering they gave up 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks.

Im not sure that anyone in the East has a shot at taking down Miami....maybe Chicago with a healthy Rose but even then Im not sure they could beat them.

Now lets get Howard in LA and they will defintiley be in the Finals haha.

haha Ive wanted Howard the whole time, this Nash thing came out of nowhere. Id be happy to give up Gasol and Bynum to get Howard to LA.

Gasol is soft and who knows whats going to happen with Bynum's knees.

Nash gives the Lakers a chance to return to the Finals, Howard gives them a chance to win the Finals.

I think if you can get rid of Gasol and get some value back you'll be in around as good of shape as if you had Howard. Bynum will only get better... What you need is one more shooter to spread out the floor for Nash and Kobe.

Yea Id agree with that.

The Lakers have a pretty good starting 5 with Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol and Bynum. Especially if Gasol can stop being the biggest pussy in the league and actually play like a 7 footer. Im not even sure what the Lakers bench looks like at this point but Im sure its not very good.

Yea Id agree with that.

The Lakers have a pretty good starting 5 with Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol and Bynum. Especially if Gasol can stop being the biggest pussy in the league and actually play like a 7 footer. Im not even sure what the Lakers bench looks like at this point but Im sure its not very good.

Exactly, that five can match up with any five in the league if Gasol is up to it. I know they're not going after him but a guy like Ray Allen would do wonders for them.

Drives me nuts to see so many teams pull of good moves like this, meanwhile the Knicks are mulling over matching Houston's RIDICULOUS offer to Jeremy Lin... as someone who saw all of the games of Linsanity, the guy had a good month, the rest of the league figured him out, and that was that. If they match that offer I won't be surprised, but I'll be pissed off.

Yea I dont think Ray Allen could help many teams too much anymore but a team like the Lakers could use him to spread the floor out and get their big guys a little more room aorund the basket.

The Knicks do some weird things sometimes, I dont know too much about them but I was reading about the offer the Rockets gave Lin and it seemed pretty insane to me. Hype can apparently get you a lot of money these days.

Yea if Odom actually wants to play this year thee Clips could be even better than last year.

I think this Nash deal keeps the Lakers well ahead of the Clips as far as the battle for LA goes.

The West will come down to the Lakers and Thunder this year. I dont think the Spurs will pull off another season like last year.

Kobe is only 33. He seems older cause he's been in the league for so long but he isnt that old. He is past his prime but Kobe being past his prime still makes him better than 99% of the other players in the league. Kobe is probably the toughest guy in the league. He never blames the countless injuries, he just plays thru them and still gets the job done every single year.

I dont see the West getting much tougher. The Thunder is the only team Id be worried about.

I dont think the Lakers are the favorites to win it all, or even the West this year but I wouldnt be surprised if they did.

Yea Kobe will do his thing, he's the last player on the Lakers Im worried about.

Like you said it would be nice if Nash could help provide some offense that would be huge so Kobe doenst have to go 30 just for the team to get a win.

I think Nash will elevate Bynum and Gasol's game this year too. Those guys have never played with a PG like Nash.

He should be a huge help to this team.

There's a lot of moves to be made around the league still, its going to be interesting to see how the rest of the league fills out.