NBA Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN saying the 4 way blockbuster trade is done pending league approval..

from ESPN.com:

A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the other three teams.

I cant wait for this trade to officially go thru. Howard, Gasol, Nash and Kobe....holy shit!

This will put them up there with OKC and Miami, if not ahead of them. All these guys are such different players and should complement each other extremely well. It was huge not having to include Gasol in the deal.

stunning photo up at espn.com right now, showing the historical company of centers that howards joining.

as a boston fan, this trade strikes me as a yankee move. but as a fan of the game, i appreciate the sentiment of it.

however, the segregation of super stars thats taking place feels very ominous. soon enough, the franchises without the ability of maintaining 3-7 big names are going to crumble.

There's no doubt in my mind the NBA is headed in a bad direction. This is just going to keep happening... It's a bummer. At least I'm a Knicks fan because at least in theory we'll have the money to compete. I think I'd write off the league for good if I liked a small market team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lakers suck! Just thought I would add this in here. I know they dont suck but I doesn't hurt to think that they will suffer from small minor injures that completely throw off the chemistry of the team that make them miss the playoffs. Same for the heat.

Can't believe teaming camp starts up next week already. Meh even though I dont think they have a chance to take it I still say go spurs

• 3 weeks later...

Lakers are scary but old, especially with Nash's back and Kobe's foot already bothering him. Heat are probably easily coming outta the East again, Spurs are gonna continue to do what they do, Mavs are gonna struggle again, OKC is gonna be right up there with Spurs and Lakers in the West. The only other team in the NBA that i see doing anything especially since the Bulls are without D-Rose for pretty much the whole season, would be the Pacers. They were a young team the last two years, but hopefully with a level head on Grangers shoulders and the whole team having a full off-season together should help them. I would love to see someone really have a chance to "dethrone" the Heat. Oh yeah, and my call before everything starts is this :)

West Conf. Finals

Spurs vs. Thunder

East Conf. Finals

Heat vs. Pacers

They can't hang? Western Conference Finals last year and we can't hang? Hmm... all i have to say is... if Tim Duncan plays like he did last year (and by the way he looks in the pre-season), we'll be right back in the Western Conference Finals again this year. Having the best coach in the NBA doesn't hurt either...