NADA SURF "1994-2008" Vinyl Box Set PRE-ORDER

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

NADA SURF "1994-2008" Vinyl Box Set PRE-ORDER

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/LP-BARK-078

Barsuk spared no expense in assembling this amazing Nada Surf box set. It's weighty (over 5 lbs) and impressive, containing 5 albums on 6 pieces of vinyl, a 7" single, plus ample additional goodies. Even the sturdy box itself (two separate pieces, the top NADA half fitting securely onto a collar on the bottom SURF half) is a substantial piece of collector's joy, designed by acclaimed NYC artists Kayrock and Wolfy.

--All five full-length studio LPs including Elektra debut High/Low (available on vinyl exclusively in this box set), The Proximity Effect, Let Go, The Weight Is a Gift, and Lucky.

--Repressing of the band’s long out-of-print debut 7” single The Plan/Telescope.

--24-page full-color 12x12” booklet includes lyrics for all the LPs, exclusive photos and tour poster reproductions.

--Single-use full-album MP3 download codes for The Proximity Effect, Let Go, The Weight Is A Gift, and Lucky. PLUS a very special bonus download folder with 16 b-sides and rarities!

–Box set is numbered and strictly limited to 1000 copies worldwide.

This is very pricey, but man, it has everything. If only other bands were this easy to collect. The fact that it has a 24 page booklet and 16 b-sides and rarities sealed the deal for me. Nada Surf are one of the greatest bands on the planet and I am so excited for this set. Due to price though, I only have 5 in the store currently. IF it sells out quickly, I will try to get more.

PRE-ORDERS COPIES WON'T SHIP UNTIL NOVEMBER 25TH.

let go is my favorite album of the last decade. I love this band. I hate their first one though.

Agreed. High/Low is not good. Proximity Effect is great. Everything since then is mindblowing. Let Go is my favourite album of all time. Flew down to Portland twice to see Nada Surf this year (January and September). Totally worth it.

Did they let you bring a stereo into the delivery room?

they had a stereo and an ipod jack. My wife made a mix. She was in labor and said to put her mix on, I could not find it, I ask her what it is called, she then yells "LABOR JAMS" which was hilarious. There were lots of great songs, but it is pretty sweet my son Logan was born to "Inside of Love".

omg. 'High/Low' was monumentally awesome. were you a fan when it came out? i'm sure most people are jaded because of the mtv phase. saw them with Superdrag way back and they were amazing. it's been a slow decline for me since after 'Let Go'. i absolutely loved 'Let Go' but the live show got really boring and grown up or something. saw them in arizona around the time 'The Proximity Effect' came out and all the assholes in the bar were yelling "just play popular! that's all we want to hear!". ridiculous.

i really didn't listen to the last album but i'm still kinda wanting this boxset. still a bit cheaper through insound with all their coupons. tempting but so much other stuff to buy first. hope it sticks around for a little while.

Shit Virgil, sell me your copy of High/Low from the set if you don't like it! I'd love to get a copy of that album and The Proximity Effect. Not into paying $100+ for 2 albums I dig and a bunch I wasn't into.

That brings up an interesting thought: I am only after "Let Go" and "Lucky." Any chance someone else is after the others and wants to split the set? Long shot I know, but I figured I'd put it out there.

You can buy Lucky for 15 bucks from the Barsuk webstore. As for Let Go, good luck finding that one outside of this box set!

Yeah I know, but I figured I'd put it out there as I can't justify eighty bucks for this box, let alone the $230 or whatever it is for the Mastodon one. I appreciate that labels are bothering to release this stuff, but would it kill them to just repress the stuff that's popular? I still don't quite get the economic model of putting together an overblown box set and limiting it to 1000 copies rather than just repressing the albums people are after. Anyway I'm sure this argument has been made a thousand times before, so please ignore and move on (unless you really do want to split the box set with me. ;))