Pirates Press - Records/Week 11/11 (KD, FP, etc)

Here are this weeks picks/pics from Pirates Press, it's easy to forget they post these, so here they are for ya... Pirates Press Blog

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty basic week, 30 palettes... even this madness is getting pretty mundane... yeah... take that as a challenge... Next year's gotta blow this year out of the water, as this year has those past... Keep pumping out the great titles and keep giving us such a great reason to get up and come to work each day!! Thank you for all the love & support ~Always~!!

...on that note...

This week's honors goes to the other record I had the pleasure of being in the studio for the cutting of... While Tom Gabel's solo record was cool, being there to witness Waylon Jennings' final record (12 yrs in the making) being cut was a true honor. There was over 100 years of vinyl mastering experience in the room... It sounds and looks amazing. This record is a great pickup, a totally solid package... and a classy and important sign off for someone with a TON of vinyl out there. We all especially love the photos of Waylon and Buddy Holly on the labels... Being part of this record is something I (& we) will not soon forget.

[image]

BAND/TITLE: WAYLON JENNINGS and The 357's "Waylon Forever"

LABEL: VAGRANT RECORDS

LABEL WEBSITE: www.vagrant.com

------------------------------HONORABLE MENTIONS--------------------------------

The art on these picture discs is fantastic... truly a piece of art... not just a layout! ...and who doesn't love Evel Knivel?!! Not a bad listen either... These are sure to go fast, better get one quick!

[image]

BAND/TITLE: FAKE PROBLEMS "How Do You Spell Hero? (Evel) 12" EP

LABEL: GOOD FRIENDS RECORDS

LABEL WEBSITE: www.goodfriendsrecords.com

...while we're on the topic of records that could stand alone as a piece of art... This is certainly not the case with Baroness (because they could certainly hold their own in a concert for the blind) but WOW!! This is beautiful. The 180gm vinyl and matte laminate on the gatefold both just seem fitting... Quality through and through on this one!!

[image]

BAND/TITLE: BARONESS

LABEL: RELAPSE RECORDS

LABEL WEBSITE: www.relapse.com

More kudos out to suburban home!! Got another 4 palettes of goodies out the door and off to you guys in Colorado tonight... Being part of this one is also an honor we cant help but note to all our loyal readers... Much respect to Virgil and all the great labels he's working with, ensuring that classic stuff like this is still easy to find!! KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!! You guys are ruling it!!!

[image]

BAND/TITLE: KID DYNAMITE "Cheap Shots, Youth Anthems"

LABEL: SUBURBAN HOME RECORDS / CLAY STREET RECORDS / JADE TREE

LABEL WEBSITE: www.suburbanhomerecords.com / www.claystreetrecords.com

You cant watch 20 minutes of TV or walk two blocks in this city for that matter without seeing this vampirey madness all over the place. Nice to be a part of something so prolific... pretty cool and eerie looking too, I'm sure these Hot Topic exclusive picture discs will be a cool piece of memorabilia for vampire movie buffs here pretty quick!!

[image]

BAND/TITLE: PARAMORE / THE BLACK GHOSTS "From the TWILIGHT Soundtrack"

LABEL: ATLANTIC RECORDS / HOT TOPIC

LABEL WEBSITE: www.atlanticrecords.com / www.hottopic.com

For the sheer metalness and 80's-ness of this one we had to show it off... doesnt get much more rad than this...

[image]

BAND/TITLE: DEVASTATION "Idolatry"

LABEL: ROCKADROME

LABEL WEBSITE: www.rockadrome.com

...Although this is pretty amazing too. None of us can decide which side is better...

[image]

BAND/TITLE: HARD PLACE / THE PASSIONISTAS Split 7"

LABEL: WORLD FAMOUS IN SAN FRANCISCO

LABEL WEBSITE: www.worldfamousinsf.com

...and this one is just GOOFY!

[image]

BAND/TITLE: THE WEAKENDS "S/T"

LABEL: ROB'S HOUSE RECORDS

LABEL WEBSITE: www.robshouserecords.com

Enjoy your week all!! Thanks for doing your best to get all these holiday orders (& beyond) in early... Its gonna make the next month and a half a lot less hairy than it has been in past years!! We're truly honored to work with such amazing people on such amazing projects day in and day out!! Thank you again for all the love and support... even if all you do is read this weekly schpeel!! (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!)

Until next week... VINYL RULES ALL!! XO

I definitely, definitely want a copy of the Fake Problems 12" but you can't order it on Good Friends Records yet. Where can I get it? I will preorder asap.

They do have a pre-order link set up on their website. I realize you can't order it yet but it seems as though that would be the place to order it