Jimmy Eat World Clairty Repress Info

Over at absolutepunk.net they conducted a live forum chat and the lead singer of Jimmy Eat World (Jim Adkins) and he answered questions. heres the one i found most interesting.

Originally Posted by Pistol_Booking

Q: Jim, is JEW or Western Tread looking in to re-releasing Static Prevails or Clarity on vinyl?

A: emi (capitol or whatever it is now) is going to re-press clarity with some of the extra "deluxe edition" songs. not sure about static.

Jim

Jimmy Eat World is doing a 10th anniversary of Clarity tour this February and March, 10 shows across the US, so I'm pretty sure the reason this is getting repressed is because of the tour.

And holy fucking shit, No Knife is supporting them for like 4 shows. Might be worth a trip to California...

until it actually comes out i will hold my breath. the re-presses have been talked about for a few years now but nothing has actually been accomplished.

Don't you mean you won't hold your breath?

The final show is here in Phoenix. But I'm not too big a fan of the band, and Marquee sucks.

Jimmy Eat World is doing a 10th anniversary of Clarity tour this February and March, 10 shows across the US, so I'm pretty sure the reason this is getting repressed is because of the tour.

The idea of these being repressed has been talked about for at least a couple years now, the news of this tour just surfaced within the last week. I still wouldn't get my hopes up for any represses for at least another year.

it makes sense now for two reasons. the 10th anniversary... plus it was capitol records, and they're doing the capital from the vaults series of represses right now, they did all the radiohead and coldplay records, plus pet sounds by beach boys, a bunch of others set to come out. why not clarity? if it comes out in this series, they're staying pretty true to the original pressings, just thicker vinyl.