How many records do you own?

Over at the 'solid mail day' thread Jordan (monk0nuggets) commented on how the 24 records that I have awaiting arrival equate to 1/4 of his collection. This got me thinking...how many records in total could there possibly be around here?

Now, now...I am not looking (or wanting) for this to become a pissing contest and that whole "he with the most toys wins" mentality b.s...I'm curious to see the size of people's total record collections...

Per the count on my excel spreadsheet, I am currently sitting at 510 records in all formats (12", 10", 7", etc.)...there may be some stragglers unaccounted for and some multiples, but this what I have actively catalogued and counted.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abravemorning

I've played this pissing contest far too much and lost. Considering I only started collecting a year ago, and I've had constant money problems, I'm somewhat content with the rate my collection is growing. I currently have 90 records total and 18 on the way in. Over the next year, I hope to continue to collect and grow my collection. Hopefully by this time next year, I'll be double this or more.

Guest abravemorning
patrick...you gotta remember that at one point or another we all started with one record and small collections...some of us have been listening/collecting for years...I aggressively started collecting back in '86/87...

I know it. I just have a competitive personality. That's why I said I'm content with where I am now. I'm spending good time and finding the records I want. I'm working on quality over quantity.

Since finding this site my collection has grown about 90%. That being said, I have exactly 100 records right now.

Thanks for bringing that up Jordan...ever since finding and joining VC, the fire has been re-lit under my ass (or back hair...xfedaykinx will get that joke) in listening and procuring vinyl...and thusly my collection has grown...and continues to do so much to the dismay of my bank account.

Since finding this site my collection has grown about 90%. That being said, I have exactly 100 records right now.

Thanks for bringing that up Jordan...ever since finding and joining VC, the fire has been re-lit under my ass (or back hair...xfedaykinx will get that joke) in listening and procuring vinyl...and thusly my collection has grown...and continues to do so much to the dismay of my bank account.

Seriously. Looking back and thinking how much money I spent on vinyl this past year, I kind of feel bad. I only work a part time job and I've still managed to spend a ridiculous amount of money on vinyl, while paying bills and buying other random things. Pretty crazy stuff.

I've got too much...

Approx 750 LPs

And about 400 7"s

Probably about 20 other formats, so about 1170 total.

I'm currently in the process of going through and reorganizing and cataloging all of them as I've found stragglers along the way that haven't made it into the google doc. file.