The Thorns Of Life show #3 last night (setlist!)

Apparently the Thorns Of Life played an art gallery somewhere in NYC last night -- was anyone there? I didn't hear a peep about it until this photo surfaced on my friend Jonah's blog (who was there):

[image]

The original picture is here, and it's huge: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ruz6uK1Lg9c/SSmtUfdp7aI/AAAAAAAAAFc/1NcDykyChTY/s1600-h/100_1584.JPG

If you look at the big photo, you can see their setlist taped to the wall. The song titles seem to be abbreviated, but I'm willing to bet "MY 1ST TIME" is the song Blake said was about losing his virginity at last week's show.

scott, out of curiosity is the jonah youre referring to jonah bayer? the dude from the lovekill?

also, this isnt related to this, but how do you remember set lists when you go to shows? ive noticed you generally have them down pat and i never can remember every song unless i grab the actual set list from the stage...

scott, out of curiosity is the jonah youre referring to jonah bayer? the dude from the lovekill?

also, this isnt related to this, but how do you remember set lists when you go to shows? ive noticed you generally have them down pat and i never can remember every song unless i grab the actual set list from the stage...

Yup, that's the same Jonah. He and I used to work together. Now he's a writer for Fuse TV.

And as for setlists, sometimes I'll type the songs in shorthand into the "notepad" function on my cell phone; other times, I'll just open up iTunes as soon as I get home and go through all the music I have by the band in question to jog my memory. Any time I post a band's setlist by album, it's probably via my iTunes method; if I post a setlist in order, it's either the notepad method or I swiped their setlist off the stage.

Yup, that's the same Jonah. He and I used to work together. Now he's a writer for Fuse TV.

And as for setlists, sometimes I'll type the songs in shorthand into the "notepad" function on my cell phone; other times, I'll just open up iTunes as soon as I get home and go through all the music I have by the band in question to jog my memory. Any time I post a band's setlist by album, it's probably via my iTunes method; if I post a setlist in order, it's either the notepad method or I swiped their setlist off the stage.

cool!

and thats awesome, thanks for the tips!

yeah I usually do the "jog the memory" thing if its not a band I'm obsessed with, or if they have a big body of material.

but I can never remember song orders

Guest genericinsight
Apparently the Thorns Of Life played an art gallery somewhere in NYC last night -- was anyone there?/quote]

I don't think there was Lemuria show last night, so technically EVERYONE was at this show.

So, I did tell you guys I took a class with Blake Schwarzenbach at Hunter College two summers ago, right?

Guest genericinsight
Seriously?

Yeah. I did. I went to Hunter for a little while and took one of his classes. I never said one thing to him outside of classwork so I don't think he even knew I was a fan (though he did look at me kinda funny when I wore a Screeching Weasel shirt to class one day... haha).

but in all seriousness, in regards to Mr Schwarzenbach, I think I'm good for the rest of my life, even if I never see the new band play.

Guest genericinsight
i think it would be extremely unprofessional if he did

yeah, he didn't mention it once and I didn't bring it up. Heard somewhere once he wanted to keep the two separate, so I respected it.