No Idea 100: Redefiling Music

Guest noeffinidea

Guest noeffinidea

So I was listening to my copy of this (definitely one of my favorite No Idea releases...so many awesome covers on it!), and it reminded me to ask about the insert in the record. Now I've seen a few other copies in person and online, and they all have the "greeting card" insert which folds out and lists the artists and songs and who they were originally done by...however, in my copy, the greeting card is signed in black sharpie by what appears to be Var, Matt, and a few others from the No Idea crew.

Does anyone else have a copy with the signed greeting card in it?? I'm tryin to figure out if it came like that from NI or if this was a copy that belonged to a close friend of the label or something.

Anyone know any info on that?

Guest noeffinidea

Ahhh I see...very interesting. I wonder what's up with the un-signed ones I've seen around. I actually dropped Var a PM about this, but haven't heard back yet.

After looking at mine I noticed that it is personalized...I guess it was to the kid I bought it from off of Ebay. No clue why someone would flip something that's personalized to them??

Thanks for the info Patrick!

Guest noeffinidea
I saw the vinyl version in a record store this past weekend.

You should cop that my friend! It's without a doubt my favorite comp. ever...and it's a sweet translucent red-blue-yellow tri-color split.

We signed all the mailorder copies, at least at the beginning. I'm not sure if we did ALL of the mailorder copies. I think so. We put the name of the person ordering on either the card or maybe on the envelope.

We occasionally would get a few in a return from a distributor (after it was otherwise sold out). These were then sold via mailorder and would not have been signed, mostly because it would not have occurred to us, what with 13,000 other things going on. Ha.

I think we were originally selling these for $4. No way to do that now.

All 1,100 had the tri-color vinyl. It varied a little, but was exciting on every copy I saw.

There were also like 20 or 50 test pressings on black vinyl with no covers or inserts. Probably still have a few of those somewhere. Who knows.

There's a joke on the back cover that no one ever caught.

Yes, CDs are still in print for cheap. Yes, there is a variation on the CD FACE. Some are Blue. Some are Red. There you go.

-- For the record: we originally intended to throw a CD in with the LP copies... but we forgot. This is why there were two different CD Face colors. It's hard to remember all the stuff from then.

-- A noted punk journalist noted "this is my favorite HWM song ever" not realizing it was a Boss cover. I like covers of Bruce songs better than the originals, in general, so I can relate. Dunno why, but those tunes just make great punk anthems.