Recently Watched Thread

I watched "Martyrs" tonight. Thank you VC and the scary movies thread for recommending that film. The first 50 minutes were epic amazing. The second half was great because it was hard to watch. I highly recommend this film.

wow, this film. really wtf. but i'm glad i didn't even know a thing about it before i watched it. didn't even read the synopsis or the running time.. i just read the synopsis and fuck that, when i watch something i don't want to know a thing about it.

got any other french horror films you recommend?

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, this film. really wtf. but i'm glad i didn't even know a thing about it before i watched it. didn't even read the synopsis or the running time.. i just read the synopsis and fuck that, when i watch something i don't want to know a thing about it.

got any other french horror films you recommend?

Frontier(s)

Inside

Sheitan

Them

And this one from Belguim:

Calvaire

Korean:

Black House

I really liked all those films. The French ones are the most fucked up though, especially Inside and Frontier(s).

I just watched A Scanner Darkly and Day of the Dead (re-make)

A Scanner Darkly was good, but the animation was sketchy - although i think i may of added to the film. It's a weird one.

Day of the Dead was OK, a good bit of gore but the rest was pretty lame, and it had Mena Suvari who annoys the shit out of me.

since the weekend..

the reckoning - meh, not too into it. i don't know why, but it was on my laptop. i think my sister downloaded it and i watched it while on an overnight stay in the mountains.

almost famous - i liked it. zooey deschanel as a stewardess is just icing on the cake.

the wrestler - agree w/ josh about the ending. it seemed like it was just headed in that direction, but it was good.

inside - pretty good. fuck. i like how the dvd from netflix said "this dvd is for sale only"

Finally got around to watching The King of Kong. I admire Steve Weibe even though he's a total dork. The other people, though, were just amazing in how completely oblivious they were that they are complete tools. Especially Billy Mitchell. That guy's ego is blown so far out of proportion it is ridiculous. I believe I would like to punch him in the jeans.

I just finished "Pan's Labyrinth". I don't know why I hadn't seen it before. I am not really into fairytale type movies but some of the blood sequences and small amounts of gore were cool. I used to love that Tom Cruise movie "Legend". The devil character rules.

That movie is fantastic. The general/step dad kills so many people.

The Seattle International Film Festival kicked off this weekend. so...

SIFF #1 - I Sell the Dead - An comedy/horror (tho not really that scary) movie about two grave diggers who are sentenced to the guillotine for murder and have one night left to tell the story of their lives (and supposed innocence) to a priest. The humor was nice and dark, the characters were great but sometimes hard to understand due to a thick accent and the story was engaging from start to finish

3.5/5

Terminator: Salvation - was a pretty awesome action movie

Ikiru - somewhat funny Japanese movie from the 50's about the pointlessness of most bureaucracy

Taken - Neilson was incredible for an older dude in an action movie, plus I wanted so many people to die, and they all did

Bob Saget: That Ain't Right - egh.....some of it was funny. Most of it was just ridiculous

Sleepers - one of the best movies I've seen in a while

A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy - Good old Woody Allen movie