Recently Watched Thread

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kitchen Nightmares is awesome...although I prefer that British version that they show on BBC...Ramsey is a bit more reserved and not as over-the-top like the American version...but he's still blunt and calling people out.

yea I don't really like him in hell's kitchen and the shows like that, but most of the people in this show deserve to be called out.

Finally got to see The Wrestler. It just came to my area and it was a toss-up between that and Slumdog. I really like Aronofsky and I heard an interview with him on NPR and he was saying that most of the grocery store scenes were filmed with real customers and Rourke improvising lines. That made those scenes really interesting. The movie got some shit from critics for being intentionally over the top with the violence, but I think it was necessary. People shouldn't need their art spoon-fed to them, and wrestling (especially the low-profile amateur stuff) is really brutal. Why would a movie need to pussyfoot around stuff like that when it obviously plays into the message of the film? I guess you can't please everyone.

watched Glengarry GlenRoss and Tape tonight. Good stuff.

Tape is awesome. I always try to get people to watch it and they inevitably have a problem with the fact that the whole thing takes place in one room. I think that makes it more compelling, really. It gives the film a claustrophobic feel that makes you kind of uneasy, but is more riveting for that reason.

watched Glengarry GlenRoss and Tape tonight. Good stuff.

Tape is awesome. I always try to get people to watch it and they inevitably have a problem with the fact that the whole thing takes place in one room. I think that makes it more compelling, really. It gives the film a claustrophobic feel that makes you kind of uneasy, but is more riveting for that reason.

i have the exact same problem trying to get people to watch it.. and OLEANNA to. WHen i tell them it is set in a classroom and there are only 2 characters, they seem bored when the movie is far from boring...

I love movies set like plays. (much like glengarry glenross and oleanna)

Guest naytoid

The Critic complete series set

Everything that's attached somehow to the Simpsons (Futurama, The Critic) is so much better, but never lasts as long

It stinks!