Recently Watched Thread

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drahtuos

first two discs of south park season twelve, twilight and synecdoche, new york.

i never read the book and i don't care what the haterz have to say twilight was awesome, not as awesome as that other vampire movie i watched recently but still pretty awesome.

[image]

a hot girl always makes a movie better.

Guest smccown13
disc 1 of how i met your mother season one, so funny.

i just started that!

is this show worth it? be real people. I trust you guys..should i watch it?

Guest drahtuos

i just started that!

is this show worth it? be real people. I trust you guys..should i watch it?

cmon scott i told you already, it's good really good. you can trust in me ;)

i've recently watched:

"Shrooms" a FILM about 6 "sexy co-eds" who travel to Ireland to take some kIlLeR shrooms and all of the horror that comes from it.

"The Shawshank Redemption" <33333

"Being John Malkovich" fucking greatest movie.

"Sister Wendy" is on instant Netflix, so I watched some of her.

Started the first seasons of "Pushing Daisies".

I watch an unhealthy amount of movies and television shows.

I watched The Devil And Daniel Johnston today. The movie was okay.

I don't get why everyone thinks the dude is so amazing. I wasn't too impressed by the music in the documentary. Maybe I just need to listen to one of his tapes.

I really don't get the people who are into his art. His drawings looked like something a child would draw. Not good. I think people just pretend to like it because of who he is in the music world.

I don't get why everyone thinks the dude is so amazing. I wasn't too impressed by the music in the documentary. Maybe I just need to listen to one of his tapes.

I really don't get the people who are into his art. His drawings looked like something a child would draw. Not good. I think people just pretend to like it because of who he is in the music world.

I agree, I don't think his music is very aesthetically pleasing at all. I did love the documentary though. What is really interesting about him to me is that he sees the world from such a different viewpoint than anyone.

For me personally, I like how raw someone like Daniel Johnston feels. Maybe I'm full of shit, but it feels really fucking real to me, listening to some of the words he writes. They're chilling and full of this childlike simplicity you don't see a lot anymore.

Staying on topic of the film, I thought it was really well done. I've been super into documentaries lately, and that's always one I enjoy.

Guest smccown13

I agree, I don't think his music is very aesthetically pleasing at all. I did love the documentary though. What is really interesting about him to me is that he sees the world from such a different viewpoint than anyone.

but don't we all?

Totally backed. Have you seen Adaptation or Synecdoche, NY yet? I love Charlie Kauffman. If you like him, you can watch The Dana Carvey show on Hulu. He used to write for that show. Most of it is dreck, but you can tell the skits he wrote because they are completely absurd (in a funny way).

I just watched Trees Lounge. Really dug that.

quote]

Totally backed. Have you seen Adaptation or Synecdoche, NY yet? I love Charlie Kauffman. If you like him, you can watch The Dana Carvey show on Hulu. He used to write for that show. Most of it is dreck, but you can tell the skits he wrote because they are completely absurd (in a funny way).

I just watched Trees Lounge. Really dug that.

Yeah, I love Adaptation! I felt like I needed Cliff Notes when watching Synecdoche, NY. I'd like to watch it again though. I don't think anyone can "get it", especially after only one viewing. For the first half I was all "whoa, this is awesome blahblahblah" then the second half I was like "whoa, what's happenng blahblahblah"

Kauffman is a hero, he is an amazing screenwriter. I mean, the fact that he wrote a film like "Eternal Sunshine..." still blows my mind. I guess the fact that that film exists in general is still too amazing of a concept.

Guest drahtuos

love & pop, from one of my favorite anime/live action film directors hideaki anno. it's about compensated dating and a girl and her friends before their last summer together, the main character wants a ring and tries to pay for it by going on dates with creepy older men, i don't want to give too much away. there's weird awkward angled camera work galore, i highly recommend seeing it.

Guest naytoid

A Scanner Darkly - It was enjoyable, I'll probably read the book now.

Drop Dead Fred - I've loved this movie since my childhood and it still holds out as one of my favourite movies ever