chicks of the board unite

Guest xsteponmex

i love how this thread is like 8 different conversations going on at once. and they're all so good. i really wish i had ever been to/lived in philly so i could have a clue what you guys are all talking about. sounds like a pretty solid stretch of real estate, though.

eh depends what part. some areas are like fucking war zones. and driving there is terrible. but shows are fun.

philly is block by block though. my friend lives in west philly and her block is really nice, but if you go two blocks in any direction it turns sketch fast.

There's definitely parts of Chicago like that. Its weird. I used to live in Hyde Park (where Barack Obama lives [/name drop]) when I was in school, and it's like million dollar homes a block away from shitty apartments. Carol Moseley Braun (who ran for president in '04) got mugged outside her house there a couple years ago.

i had a (former) good friend who lived in west chester and around her place was really nice. center city isn't bad either. now by temple, you're lucky to make it out alive. my one friend called me one day a few summers ago saying he left his house in the morning and there was a body lying on his porch from a drive by the night before. he lives right around temple.