New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones

so i always knew that matt and dan from alkaline trio make guest appearances on this album, but just never got around to actively searching for it. apparently it's harder to come by than i would have expected for an album with 2,000 copies, but that's the fun in collecting.

i saw one on fraziermart about a week or so ago listed BIN for $79.99, so i figured it was only worth about $40 in real money. the problem is, IT SOLD, which really made me question if i really wanted to buy it if it came up again and reached those prices. apparently the person who bought it didn't shop around at all, though, or didn't know the market value and just bought on impulse cause i just won an auction for $31.04.

pretty excited to be able to cross this one off my list now!

I'm guessing you got it on white for that cheap. Such a good record I still need the red version though.

it's a sealed copy, but it's number 371 so i know it's white from the research i did on it. #001 - 200 are on blue, #201 - 300 on red, #301 - 2,000 are on white...

Man you're an ALK3 freak. Maybe if I ever unload my demo tapes, I'll know who to contact first!!

wait wait wait.... TAPES as in plural? i've been looking for A tape for 6 years now. i've only seen it on eBay once in the past 3 years, and when the auction was going to end i was out of town on vacation (i seriously almost thought about not going so i could bid on it).

PM the shit out of me so we can talk more about this...

Matt sings with Dan on the New Found Glory song "Forget My Name" off their album Sticks & Stones. He also sings during the bridge of the Avoid One Thing song "Pop Punk Band". He provided backing vocals for the Atari Star song "Winter Birthmark" and does guest vocals on the song "About Falling" on Say Anything's double album In Defense of the Genre. He also provided lyrical assistance for Billy Howerdel on the Ashes Divide song "The Prey" off their album Keep Telling Myself It's Alright. Matt has also provided vocals on H2O's recent new release Nothing to Prove on the track "What Happened?"

Matt's backing vocals appear alongside Dan Andriano on the Common Rider full length "This is Unity Music."

Matt also sings alongside Chuck Ragan in the album "Feast or Famine" in the songs "The Boat" and "Do What You Do".

have fun

you seriously only bought this because dan and matt do back up vocals?

yeah, that okay with you?

gotta get the new H2O then too, Matt does vocals on it.

haha, yep, i'm watching one right now on eBay. thanks!

He also sings during the bridge of the Avoid One Thing song "Pop Punk Band".

don't think this is on vinyl yet? if it is, i can't find any info on it...

He provided backing vocals for the Atari Star song "Winter Birthmark" and does guest vocals on the song "About Falling" on Say Anything's double album In Defense of the Genre.

same for both of these...

He also provided lyrical assistance for Billy Howerdel on the Ashes Divide song "The Prey" off their album Keep Telling Myself It's Alright.

and for this...

Matt has also provided vocals on H2O's recent new release Nothing to Prove on the track "What Happened?"

this is the next one i'm working on getting...

Matt's backing vocals appear alongside Dan Andriano on the Common Rider full length "This is Unity Music."

already have it.

Matt also sings alongside Chuck Ragan in the album "Feast or Famine" in the songs "The Boat" and "Do What You Do".

already have this one, too...

have fun

thanks so much!!!

Not trying to be a dick at all, but what do people see in New Found Glory?

To me, they were THE whiney-vocal pop punk band that really started my hate towards that style of music.

Sticks and Stones was alright for that kind of music, but I can't believe so many people on here collect their stuff/go nuts about them.

Please explain.

To me, they were THE whiney-vocal pop punk band that really started my hate towards that style of music.

Sticks and Stones was alright for that kind of music, but I can't believe so many people on here collect their stuff/go nuts about them.

Please explain.

it's just what i grew up listening to. they're a band with their flaws, but i still think they make really good, solid music.

Please explain.

it's just what i grew up listening to. they're a band with their flaws, but i still think they make really good, solid music.

It's just fun music more than anything and they're really good live

The same could be said on other bands that people collect. One of my first records was Nothing Gold Can Stay. I've been collecting ever since. To me they're a fun band to see live and one of the few bands I still go to see from when I was in high school.

Please explain.

Perhaps it is you who should be explaining the river city rebels shirt

The same could be said on other bands that people collect. One of my first records was Nothing Gold Can Stay. I've been collecting ever since. To me they're a fun band to see live and one of the few bands I still go to see from when I was in high school.
NGCS was my favorite by them for a long time, I wish I could find it cheap on vinyl, but that'll never happen.