Craziest record score ive ever had, pics included.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe they knew what they had and since it's a "new" section in their store, they placed a couple AWESOME finds in there to get a buzz going so people go there all the time and look through...?
that wouldnt make any sense. why would you stick a 200 dollar record in a store for 5 dollars if you knew what it was worth? the only buzz that would cause is people talking about how dumb you are

Which of those records are worth $200? ???

propagandhi is for sure and less than jake might be but I've never seen one for sale.

Show me an eBay auction for a $200 Propaghandi record. Anyone spending that kind of money on a record like that should be punched in the face.

I think both of those records are at tops $50 records.

propagandhi is for sure and less than jake might be but I've never seen one for sale.

Show me an eBay auction for a $200 Propaghandi record. Anyone spending that kind of money on a record like that should be punched in the face.

I think both of those records are at tops $50 records.

You sir, are an idiot.

I'm confused about the artificially inflated part, that propagandhi record has been selling for a lot for some time now

For the past few years there's been a large influx of people into the "vinyl collecting market" with dreams of all their records being worth tons of eBay cash. Like it or not, the bottom will fall out on over-priced records, such as these.

You sir, are an idiot.

I'm not the one paying $200 for a Propagandhi records.

No your the one who thinks anyone that decides to spend more than you think is acceptable for a record deserves a punch in the face ::)

Propagandhi in my and many other peoples opinion are one of the greatest punk bands ever, period.

And to think with Todays Empires, Tomorrows Ashes people should only pay $50 Max 'for a record like that' is just stupid

It's a classic and will only become more of a classic with generations to come.

People reguarly pay $50 for fatwreck records that have only just been released that only are a fraction as good as this record is.

Theres a huge market for propagandhi records..and unlike many bands out there that people drop a ton of money on.

This band isn't a band with hype, but rather a band with a ton of substance. and there will ALWAYS be people willing to drop a ton of cash on this record..now and for many many years to come.

Regardless of whether you think the market is artificially inflated or not (which i happen to agree with)

One thing i dont agree with though is people who think there opinion is fact, and try to push it onto others to the point of saying 'they deserve a punch in the head'

i've read your posts for a while now and i know you like the attention and try and stir the pot so really i take most things you say with a grain of salt because like i said. You sir, are an idiot.

Guest noeffinidea

No your the one who thinks anyone that decides to spend more than you think is acceptable for a record deserves a punch in the face ::)

Propagandhi in my and many other peoples opinion are one of the greatest punk bands ever, period.

And to think with Todays Empires, Tomorrows Ashes people should only pay $50 Max 'for a record like that' is just stupid

People reguarly pay $50 for fatwreck records that have only just been released that only are a fraction as good as this record is.

Theres a huge market for propagandhi records..and unlike many bands out there that people drop a ton of money on.

This band isn't a band with hype, but rather a band with a ton of substance. and there will ALWAYS be people willing to drop a ton of cash on this record..now and for many many years to come.

Regardless of whether you think the market is artificially inflated or not (which i happen to agree with)

One thing i dont agree with though is people who think there opinion is fact, and try to push it onto others to the point of saying 'they deserve a punch in the head'

i've read your posts for a while now and i know you like the attention and try and stir the pot so really i take most things you say with a grain of salt because like i said. You sir, are an idiot.

Well said. I've never seen a red copy of Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes go for under $100 in the past few years...so although I've never paid much attention to xmartinx's posts...that statement was pretty idiotic.

Sorry if you don't like what I have to say.

I've collected records for around 15 years now and I had owned a record store for nearly a decade. In that time I've seen certain bands, labels, and styles explode then collapse in terms of price. I guess that is the cyclical nature of everything. However, the current explosion of collectors and labels willing to exploit them with faux limited pressings will eventually lead to these collectors becoming overwhelmed and/or bored with their hobby. At that point the colored variant that you paid $200 for will sell on eBay for significantly less since there will be no one left willing to pay that price for it. Basic "supply and demand" economics. If my pragmatic belief makes me an idiot in your opinion, I'm ok with that.

If you believe Propagandhi is one of the greatest punk bands ever, well, there's now accounting for taste. I suggest you listen to more music.

Well said. I've never seen a red copy of Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes go for under $100 in the past few years...so although I've never paid much attention to xmartinx's posts...that statement was pretty idiotic.

There's two X's before and after. If you're going to attempt to slight someone, at least be correct in naming them.

While I don't agree with martin on a lot of the stuff he said, I think he's right on the market being inflated. When I first got into collecting, a record I wanted was going for about $50. Now it regularly goes for $150-$300, and the market is more saturated with them now than it was three years ago. Also, the majority of people buying want it to put on their walls. Once the trend dies down and kids start buying posters instead of records again, I think a lot of prices will go down.

That being said, a lot of people love propagandhi, and $200 isn't too outrageous of a price for that.

I've collected records for around 15 years now and I had owned a record store for nearly a decade. In that time I've seen certain bands, labels, and styles explode then collapse, I guess that is the cyclical nature of everything. However, the current explosion of collectors and labels willing to exploit them with faux limited pressings will eventually lead to these collectors becoming overwhelmed and/or bored with their hobby. At that point the colored variant that you paid $200 for will sell on eBay for significantly less since there will be no one left willing to pay that price for it. Basic "supply and demand" economics. If my pragmatic belief makes me an idiot in your opinion, I'm ok with that.

'I've collected records for 15 years and i own a record store for ten blah blah'

For starters get off your high horse Martin.

I couldn't care less if your the Queen of England..It doesn't make you right.

Propagandhi have never really exploded, perhaps risen at a steady pace somewhat slightly but never really 'exploded' and are very unlikely to implode for that matter.

They have been around for longer than you have been collecting records. and they will leave a mark on people for alot longer than you will continue to post stupid shit on this forum.

And as for the Current explosion you refer to and the whole 'labels exploiting everyone with faux limited pressings etc'

This record was released in 2001 so i don't see how that applies to this 'current trend' your even referring to.

I think most people that collect Propagandhi records wont be too likely to let something like this go easily and don't really see it as a hobby but more owning something rather special..I actually know a few people personally that don't really collect records but own vinyl by propagandhi and a select few other bands that i can safely say they will probably never part with because: They have grown up listening to them and feel like this band has helped shape them to be the people they are today..Which you would understand if you are at all familiar with this band's message/stance on many things.

I agree with the whole demand will drop on many things angle your going with here.

But not with this record, it's a classic record by a classic band..and classic records tend to hold their value.

Obviously something you haven't learned in your oh so extensive association with vinyl.

There's two X's before and after. If you're going to attempt to slight someone, at least be correct in naming them.

Make sure you get my made-up name right before you trash me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've collected records for around 15 years now and I had owned a record store for nearly a decade. In that time I've seen certain bands, labels, and styles explode then collapse, I guess that is the cyclical nature of everything. However, the current explosion of collectors and labels willing to exploit them with faux limited pressings will eventually lead to these collectors becoming overwhelmed and/or bored with their hobby. At that point the colored variant that you paid $200 for will sell on eBay for significantly less since there will be no one left willing to pay that price for it. Basic "supply and demand" economics. If my pragmatic belief makes me an idiot in your opinion, I'm ok with that.

'I've collected records for 15 years and i own a record store for ten blah blah'

For starters get off your high horse Martin.

I couldn't care less if your the Queen of England..It doesn't make you right.

Propagandhi have never really exploded, perhaps risen at a steady pace somewhat slightly but never really 'exploded' and are very unlikely to implode for that matter.

They have been around for longer than you have been collecting records. and they will leave a mark on people for alot longer than you will continue to post stupid shit on this forum.

And as for the Current explosion you refer to and the whole 'labels exploiting everyone with faux limited pressings etc'

This record was released in 2001 so i don't see how that applies to this 'current trend' your even referring to.

I think most people that collect Propagandhi records wont be too likely to let something like this go easily and don't really see it as a hobby but more owning something rather special..I actually know a few people personally that don't really collect records but own vinyl by propagandhi and a select few other bands that i can safely say they will probably never part with because: They have grown up listening to them and feel like this band has helped shape them to be the people they are today..Which you would understand if you are at all familiar with this band's message/stance on many things.

I agree with the whole demand will drop on many things angle your going with here.

But not with this record, it's a classic record by a classic band..and classic records tend to hold their value.

Obviously something you haven't learned in your oh so extensive association with vinyl.

I gave my background to give my comments a context, not to demonstrate some kind of superiority.

I wasn't saying that the bands exploded, but the interest in vinyl exploded for whatever reason. Based on a lot of your statements, you either can't grasp the concept of over-saturation or your reading comprehension is poor.

Sorry I don't appreciate the apparent majestic wonder that is Propagandhi. I'm too busy appreciating bands that don't suck. Whatever they mean to you is great, but don't aggrandize them to the point where you think you'll never sell their records because they meant so much to you and your friends because you saw them at the 2004 Warped Tour or whatever. I'll be curious to see if you collect records in a few years or even listen to punk. I've sold records that have meant a lot to me. Priorities, interests, and circumstances change for everyone. I don't believe that Propagandhi fans are somehow above that.

Perhaps it's my elderly age but I don't think that Propagandhi is a classic punk band and a record that they released in 2001 is not a classic punk record. Regardless, even classic punk records are subject to "market fluctuation".

Warped tour hasn't been here since 2002, although by the looks of the lineup over the last few years in the states it doesn't seem to be no big loss.

Im not reffering to myself when i said i would never sell my records because admittedly i've thought about it.

The friends i was reffering to are quite a bit older than me (late 20's - mid 30's) one in particular i was thinking about has been homeless, sleeping on peoples couches for months, jobless broke and in debt and still didn't give them up. mabye he will sell them one day but i would like to think he wouldn't.

As for me listening to punk in a few years, i've pretty much lived on a musical diet of punk rock/hardcore for 12 years now and i can't see myself giving that up anytime soon.

It's the only thing that has really kept me going when i've been at the lowest points in my life.

I have the friends i have made through music, playing in bands and listening to albums to basically thank for still being here today.

So don't sit there making some cheap shot at me about the music i live for meaning so much to me because i went to some shitty festival once.

For me Propagandhi are a 'classic' punk band, mabye their album from 2001 doesn't deserve that status just yet, but in my eyes it does and hopefully in years to come that will be the general concencus (sp)

I've strayed a little off topic here but at the end of the day what it comes down to is personal opinion. and different opinions are well and good.

It's worth no more than $50 fine that's YOUR opinion

But don't go around stating your opinion as fact and dont go around acting like some fucking internet tough guy because you think your right. you might be older than me but your no more mature with pathetic comments like that. joke or not

I'm not going around in circles here anymore with you, it's been swell.

I'm not sure how expression an opinion that contradicts yours makes me an "internet tough guy". Record prices are hyper-inflated and have been for a while. That's a fact. If that fact upsets you, or others, I'm sorry about that. It doesn't make it less true. I'm not sure if that was one of the "pathetic comments" you were referring to.

PS - I fully support a truce, so long as you change your avatar. It's fucking gross.

It was the whole 'punch in the head' comment i was reffering to really, anyway like i said i don't want to go around in circles here.

Lets just agree to disagree and like you said 'call a truce' so to speak.

Still not changing my avatar though, i i find it rather fascinating

that girl can pee!

It was the whole 'punch in the head' comment i was reffering to really, anyway like i said i don't want to go around in circles here.

Lets just agree to disagree and like you said 'call a truce' so to speak.

Still not changing my avatar though, i i find it rather fascinating

that girl can pee!

Obviously I don't think that anyone should get punched for purchasing something. That was a joke.