Help Pick the colors for ETID Last Night in Town

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey virgil,

it's great to know you will lauch pre-order of ETID : last night soon but i have something for beg you.

according from PTW : versions,i think it's not good for poor folk like me which you press 4 colour and rarest colour is only 100 copies.

you should make a more volume for one colour for let everybody have a chance for grab the rarest colour.

i don't have an idea for this last night in town colour but i really wanna see the pressing info of this album as 200,300 and 500 or 300,300 and 400.

don't make it as 100,300 and 600,please....

i think you should go balls out for this one. take one lp and do something wicked with it. example, the crimson curse had insect inlays on one of their lps, so i'm thinking, take the bullets on the cover and make them inlays. the vinyl color could be either, white marble, green/white marble or re/white marble. the original packaging for this record had a red cover and an alternate green cover, which ended up being the rarer of the two. the re-issue had a guy with an axe. make the record with the bullet inlays the rarer of the three. split them up like vinyl w/inlays 100 copies-green/white marble 400 copies and red/white marble 500 copies.an even 1,000 pressed and one being a vinyl collector's wet dream. colors in mind would be a green/white swirl with the white bursting from the inside out and a red/white with the red bursting from the inside out. just paying tribute to the original packaging.

color doesnt really matter to me. but i think if you want to interest people who already have the boxset (especially the colored boxset), you really should use the original artwork and throw it in a gatefold jacket. or, get creative and use the original artwork but instead of using the red color scheme change it to green--which is what happened to the very first pressing of the cd that ferret put out (and was an error). no idea if ferret/the band would be on board for that but eh, whatever. just throwin it out there. and then you could do the record on some sort of green variation.

i think a grey vinyl with a big red central matrix splodge would be awesome.id avoid the haze effect as all the wax i got seems to be covered in sand.the new neurosis lp been a prime example.and then id do various shades of red w/splatter, swirls,explosions as long as it has the original cover and not the one in the boxset.you have my order.