Dating a Girl Who Smokes: Could You Look Past It?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girl I'm really into smoked when I met her (a few months ago), but quit a couple of months ago. While I was starting to really dig her, it did turn me off quite a bit. I still thought she was awesome, but wasn't sure about that. Regardless, it doesn't matter as I don't think anything is going to come from that situation.

Girls who smoke are more likely to give head...let that guide you in your decision making. However, if you consider yourself straight edge, dating a girl who smokes would really go against some of your core beliefs, so it might not be the best idea. Also, if you do start dating her don't end up like one of those people who just badgers and badgers her to quit smoking...you know going in she smokes, let her make her own decisions.

I don't care. My lady smokes a pack every week and a half pretty much. She isn't running out and lighting up every twenty minutes, and I have one every now and then, so it isn't a big deal. If you like someone enough it seems silly to not be with them because of a habit that doesn't change who they are. I could understand not dating a massive drunk or a stoner, but no one gets abusive because they've been smoking too much. Relationships are about accepting who the one you love is, and discounting everyone who smokes seems silly.