Post Pictures of Your Pets

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miley (the dog) checking out (what was Cocoa and Beans, but is now) Chuck Ragan and Celine Dion the Ferrets. Don't ask me why that's what they're named, they're my roommate's.

[image]

Here's Miley when she was really, really sick, so she looks depressed as fuck, skinny as fuck, and is kinda shaggy with her coat. She looks a lot better now but I don't have a good picture.

Just kidding, found a better one:

[image]

Here's Lucy, the 120 pound Yellow Lab that resides at my mother's house:

[image]

[image]

Here's the 2 hanging out:

[image]

And the cat we just gave away, Beamer:

[image]

aawww i love the pit!

i'm a huuuuge fan of the bully breeds. :]

they get a bad rap unfairly.

Me too, my boyfriend has a pit and she is the sweetest dog.

I volunteer at the humane society and most of the dogs are pits or pit mixes and every one i've come in contact with is incredibly happy and loving; the complete opposite of what people think.

my sis's friends were going to adopt a 'cute fluffy' collie mix from the shelter and they have a 3 year old little girl, and the staff there discouraged them from adopting that dog because they didnt think it would be good with kids.

they adopted a pit named walden with a clef lip and its the most docile big-hearted dog ever. it gets along fabulously with their cat and the little girl and just wants petted all the time.

it makes me so happy when i see on the adoption board that a pit is getting adopted :]

aawww i love the pit!

i'm a huuuuge fan of the bully breeds. :]

they get a bad rap unfairly.

Thanks guys,

Yeah i have gotten some shit in the past from ignorant people which is always annoying.

I used to go to the dog park all the time until people would get worried and tell me that they didnt want my dog to play with their dog because they said my dog would kill/attack their dog.

Shit would piss me off, because she is the nicest most well behaved dog i have ever had. she never chewed or ruined anything while growing up, only pissed in the house a few times. she was almost perfect. Her only flaw is that she is terrible timid around new people, especially dudes.

if you like reading, check out the books by Ken Foster about his dogs (a pit/mastiff mix, a pit, and a rottie). "The Dogs Who Found Me" and the sequel of sorts, "Dogs I Hate Met: And People They Have Found".

not hard reading by any means, but a lot of doggy love, haha.

also, if you havent already, check out bad rap http://www.badrap.org/rescue/.

they have a lot of things i'd love to have in their web store, too.

On the destroying things aspect, does anyone know how to deal with a dog that has separation anxiety?

Miley, my chocolate lab / aussie shepard mix I posted, is the most well behaved, obedient dog on the planet when I'm around. She sleeps at my heel, she follows me as I take the garbage out, she goes in her crate without any fighting at all, everything a good dog does.

Because she's so attached though, if I leave her alone, she has to be crated because otherwise she throws tantrums. Anything she can grab gets shredded (usually just papers, one time it was a CD case full of DVDs I had to replace for a roommate, and once she got a stuffed soccer ball). As soon as I come home, she knows she did something wrong and cowers (probably a side effect of being beaten by her first owner) and she gets as low as possible, then shimmies close to me and tries to apologize. My mom's dog Lucy is left alone all the time and never does anything, but this one has to be crated, even if I run to the store and am back in 5 minutes.

There's no problems in the crate, really, I just feel bad about having to put her in there. Should I not even worry and just continue to crate her, or can I somehow get her to stop flipping out when she's alone?

On the destroying things aspect, does anyone know how to deal with a dog that has separation anxiety?

Miley, my chocolate lab / aussie shepard mix I posted, is the most well behaved, obedient dog on the planet when I'm around. She sleeps at my heel, she follows me as I take the garbage out, she goes in her crate without any fighting at all, everything a good dog does.

Because she's so attached though, if I leave her alone, she has to be crated because otherwise she throws tantrums. Anything she can grab gets shredded (usually just papers, one time it was a CD case full of DVDs I had to replace for a roommate, and once she got a stuffed soccer ball). As soon as I come home, she knows she did something wrong and cowers (probably a side effect of being beaten by her first owner) and she gets as low as possible, then shimmies close to me and tries to apologize. My mom's dog Lucy is left alone all the time and never does anything, but this one has to be crated, even if I run to the store and am back in 5 minutes.

There's no problems in the crate, really, I just feel bad about having to put her in there. Should I not even worry and just continue to crate her, or can I somehow get her to stop flipping out when she's alone?

I wish i could give you a solid answer, as i can see this could be a pretty devastating problem. I noticed you said her previous owner abused her, so it might be safe to assume the dog's behavior is caused by some sort psychological problems associated with that. Is it only when you leave that the dog acts up? Or is it when she's completely alone?

Here's Jack rocking his new t-shirt:

[image]

[image]

[image]

is his shirt from ben Weinman's new range of dog clothes? Some of those designs are worth getting a dog for!

i'm wearing that exact t-shirt right now

i'm gonna post pics of my dogs later, but here is one of them

[image]

this is rocky, he is a cockapoo. this pic is like 3 years old, he is gonna be 9 in january

I wish i could give you a solid answer, as i can see this could be a pretty devastating problem. I noticed you said her previous owner abused her, so it might be safe to assume the dog's behavior is caused by some sort psychological problems associated with that. Is it only when you leave that the dog acts up? Or is it when she's completely alone?

Well I don't know exactly, but here and there she shows odd behavior when I leave, especially if I leave her at my mother's house for a bit, but I think that's more because it's a different place. She just kind of panics and hangs out by the door forever. At my house, if my roommate's are here, she doesn't act too differently. But if she's alone, no roommates, she just goes nuts.

Edit: My mom has the lab Lucy there, and they get along great together, but it's the same thing if my mom goes out for a minute. She dropped my sister off at hockey one time, like 5 minutes away, came back and my dog had done some damage to my sister's shoes, even with another dog companion around.

Well I don't know exactly, but here and there she shows odd behavior when I leave, especially if I leave her at my mother's house for a bit, but I think that's more because it's a different place. She just kind of panics and hangs out by the door forever. At my house, if my roommate's are here, she doesn't act too differently. But if she's alone, no roommates, she just goes nuts.

I'm only assuming, but since she had a bad owner previously she probably didn't get much affection or attention. Possible that when she misbehaves, when you get back you react to her actions to her, and since you weren't there she might be trying to get you attention in a way. I personally think your dog is just dealing from psychological problems from abuse, and is constantly looking for your approval and affection, and tries to get reaction from you when you haven't been there and return. I could be completely wrong, i have no valid sources except college psychologoy classes and owning dogs my whole life. Look into it, and get in touch with people who can help you. If you don't do anything it will probably cause alot of problems and frustration for both you and the dog.

if you like reading, check out the books by Ken Foster about his dogs (a pit/mastiff mix, a pit, and a rottie). "The Dogs Who Found Me" and the sequel of sorts, "Dogs I Hate Met: And People They Have Found".

not hard reading by any means, but a lot of doggy love, haha.

also, if you havent already, check out bad rap http://www.badrap.org/rescue/.

they have a lot of things i'd love to have in their web store, too.

thats funny, my GF read both those.

And i think Flood is still working on a 7" comp that is benefiting Pit Bull Rescue which is fucking awesome!