First Big Drive thru band / nfg thread

chaps

i hate fucking labels that are ran like this. think they own the whole gaddamned recording industry. any bands that sign with labels like this are dumb. what's their biggest band? new found glory? look where they are now.

Where are NFG? Oh ya, living comfortably as musicians who recently signed to one of the biggest indie labels out there. Oh wait, you're right - that must suck. ::)

If this contact info does exist, I'd love to get a copy of it and see what the prices would be.

i hate fucking labels that are ran like this. think they own the whole gaddamned recording industry. any bands that sign with labels like this are dumb. what's their biggest band? new found glory? look where they are now.

Where are NFG? Oh ya, living comfortably as musicians who recently signed to one of the biggest indie labels out there. Oh wait, you're right - that must suck. ::)

If this contact info does exist, I'd love to get a copy of it and see what the prices would be.

I think what he's saying is

The biggest band they've ever had was new found glory, and since then they haven't put out any bands that have justified the ego the label seems to have about themselves.

yea...from the sounds of it, you shouldn't even try. i mean, these guys obviously know exactly how much you're worth. they also know that licensing prices don't vary. they are etched in stone, archived somewhere in the depths of lake titicaca. no negotiation whatsoever. unless...would you give up your first born?

Or you walk on Richards back

man ive heard this from so many different people. i didnt know it was such a well known fact around the country by people who arent so close to the label though haha

richard and stephanie have always been assholes since the beginning. nfg getting big isnt what inflated their egos, they always had em

I remember the early drive thru tours, i was all about them.

NFG, Midtown, RX Bandits & Fenix Tx

rolled through small ass bars in Philly.

i'd say NFG started it, I don't think Fenix TX really got that big from that s/t album. New Found Glory's 'Hit Or Miss' was the first huge thing from the label.

I remember the early drive thru tours, i was all about them.

NFG, Midtown, RX Bandits & Fenix Tx

rolled through small ass bars in Philly.

i'd say NFG started it, I don't think Fenix TX really got that big from that s/t album. New Found Glory's 'Hit Or Miss' was the first huge thing from the label.

I always thought that all my fault by FTX was a pretty big song, bigger than Hit or Miss. I don't think NFG made waves until My Friends Over You came out, it pretty much solidified them and drive thru records.

I never made it to any of the old DTR tours, but I do remember seeing the rx bandits opening for reel big fish at the electric factory back when they released halfway between here and there