HANDMADE JACKETS / PRICING HELP-IS THIS REASONABLE

I have been getting a lot of request to do jackets and such, but i am not sure what to charge, . i'm not good at pricing and i don't want to steer anyone away from being to costly or get taken advantage of, so the help is appreciated. My trademark is spray paint, die cuts and burning. I don't use screen printing or any type of computer program, so when i say hand made, i mean hand made, well, screening is hand made, but i don't use it, sorry. I usually only do very limited packaging quantities, but i have made exceptions before and i am sure i will again. Here is the breakdown w/quantity and pricing per unit, the more you want, the less you pay. Labels and bands, if you are interested, please contact me for possible discount pricing.

12" VINYL LP JACKETS

1 COPY - $5.00

25 COPIES - $4.50

50 COPIES - $4.00

75 COPIES - $3.50

100 COPIES AND OVER $3.00

10" VINYL JACKETS

1 COPY - $4.50

25 COPIES - $4.00

50 COPIES - $3.50

75 COPIES - $3.00

100 COPIES AND OVER $2.50

9", 8", 7", 6", 5" VINYL JACKETS

1 COPY - $4.00

25 COPIES - $3.50

50 COPIES - $3.00

75 COPIES - $2.50

100 COPIES AND OVER $2.00

CD CASES AND INSERTS

1 COPY - $4.00

25 COPIES - $3.50

50 COPIES - $3.00

75 COPIES - $2.50

100 COPIES AND OVER $2.00

CASSETTE CASES

1 COPY - $2.00

MORE THAN 1 COPY - $1.00 (MAXIMUM 100)

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR ARE LOOKING FOR HANDMADE PACKAGES, YOU CAN CONTACT ME VIA INTERNET USE:

[email protected]

thanks for all the help form the past, present and future.

joe

Guest kylewilliam

i can say that iheartu is roughly $90 for 300 screenprinted on cardboard 7" jackets... so while youre more pricey than his is, all your stuff is hand made and great, so i think the price is reasonable. i will be emailing you soon.

that seems really fair.

i dont think people understand how much actual time goes into each piece of art some people do.

i know i always undercharge for mine.

im currently painting peoples pets on rocks for them for some extra cash, and each one is custom and takes me probably between 6 and 10 hours to do, depending on size and complexity. if i do two animals on one rock, i charge $25, and one is $15.

it really irks me when people bitch or make a snide remark about the price, i.e. if it wasnt so expensive i'd get one of my sister's dog. i dont think they'd work for just a couple dollars an hour.

bottom line, ive seen some of your stuff and it's worth every penny.

Those prices are fine for one-off covers but IMO your prices for bulk quantities are pretty high. Bands/labels can go to Imprint and they can do full color CMYK jackets for less than what you want.

I understand it takes a while but you're pricing yourself out of the bulk cover market at those prices. These days a label's cost for each 7" is hovering around $2/ea, at your prices that puts the COST of 1 7" at $4. There's no room for markup and other costs. So you might either want to reconsider your pricing for that or just accept the fact that you probably won't be doing any bulk orders.

Those prices are fine for one-off covers but IMO your prices for bulk quantities are pretty high. Bands/labels can go to Imprint and they can do full color CMYK jackets for less than what you want.

I understand it takes a while but you're pricing yourself out of the bulk cover market at those prices. These days a label's cost for each 7" is hovering around $2/ea, at your prices that puts the COST of 1 7" at $4. There's no room for markup and other costs. So you might either want to reconsider your pricing for that or just accept the fact that you probably won't be doing any bulk orders.

i will def. tak that into consideration. i am always more than willing to help someone out. i am pretty sure i would lower them anyway. thank you for the input.

here is a grid look of ome of the jackets i have done recently. i had to remove a couple because they were not finished and i posting the progress. some of these have captions and some do not, but i will eventually have captions and descriptions for every single jacket i have made. thanks guys, i appreciate all the feedback. please wait to check out the link. apparently photobucket is doing some fucking up, oh, maintanence.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii204/ohiopride/HANDMADE%20JACKETS/?albumview=grid