question for the labels out there

andrew13

why don't they all post detailed pressing info's like No Idea and Sabot do? especially a label like Vinyl Collective, Asbestos, or Jailhouse where they do mainly vinyl stuff. you can usually find the info for the stuff in print and that's it without digging around through tons of pages of posts or other message boards trying to find stuff. when i was working on my list that was probably the most frustrating part, trying to get pressing info on OOP stuff.

for me its a couple reasons..

1) im web retarded

2) unlike no idea or sabot.. this isnt my full time job and i dont have employees

3) you can easily find it on about a dozen websites already ;)

i try to post all my info to Dead Format and all of the above reasons apply to him as well

you can easily find it on about a dozen websites already ;)

The problem is there's no certainty that information on other sites is accurate.

Also, do you guys get a lot of emails, etc...asking for pressing info? That must get kind of annoying.

i think in 4 years I've gotten about 5 emails asking for pressing info.

i think in 4 years I've gotten about 5 emails asking for pressing info.

That's really surprising. The way people go crazy over colored vinyl, etc...I would think you'd get more.

yeah but for a lot of my releases there is only one color + test pressings(aside from any other random color anomalies)

all my releases are on 1 color, or black.

the only one I've repressed was color 1st press/black 2nd. I think that's a good system. it's easy to keep track of too.

I love vinyl.

I love collecting.

But when it comes down to it, there are always about a million other things going on that are "more important" that updating the pressing info on our site. And another "when it comes down to it" weird variants and off-colors drive me up a fucking wall. I mean, it's cool that they exist, and they get out there, but trying to count everything that comes in, and making distinctions between "blue-green" and "greenish blue" make my head explode. Especially when being backed up by a chorus of "WHERE'S MY PREORDER???" emails and message board posts... :)

In the beginning, we used to count everything, examine records, lay them out on the floor, making distinctions between this or that... but like I said, other things get in the way of that. One of the coolest things about using Pirates Press has always been getting EXACTLY what you order. Sure, I miss weird variations, but I don't miss trying to remember that there are 7 records of the 1st press where the splatter looks more like haze, and 50 copies of the least rare color that are actually on white instead of grey, and why are there 15 on black? I didn't order anything with black... did I write this down? Where is that piece of paper? Shit... was it 7 or 17? Huh? Ok, let's go to the post office now...